Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 01:14 PM
Fire Giant

Default Knight dps

So I have been chatting with guild members of mine. Some saying 1 hander dps end game is better than the 2 hander despite the ratios. I was wondering what other people's options are about it. In my mind I'm comparing frost wrath vs pallidus. I don't have pallidus but I have a rocksmasher that misses all day long and when it hits a raid target it hits for a bare 23 DMG. So I figured a 1 hander swings faster and if it does low end damage it will at least swing more frequent.

Things may also change once knights weapon tables change.

And yes I know knights are not a dos class but i still prefer to do as much dmg as I can.
Last edited by Trungep99; 06-08-2016 at 01:17 PM..
Old 06-08-2016, 01:46 PM
Fire Giant

I noticed I do significantly better DPS with my ~1:1 ratio 1H weapon than my ~1:1 ratio 2H weapon.
Old 06-08-2016, 04:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trungep99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I have been chatting with guild members of mine. Some saying 1 hander dps end game is better than the 2 hander despite the ratios. I was wondering what other people's options are about it. In my mind I'm comparing frost wrath vs pallidus. I don't have pallidus but I have a rocksmasher that misses all day long and when it hits a raid target it hits for a bare 23 DMG. So I figured a 1 hander swings faster and if it does low end damage it will at least swing more frequent.

Things may also change once knights weapon tables change.

And yes I know knights are not a dos class but i still prefer to do as much dmg as I can.
bold is why 1h weps are gonna win on dps esp on high ac targets

i imagine hitting dain with a 2h would get you a ton of those 23 dmg hits

things should change with the 2h rework patch though, then palladius/tunare should win out but who knows on p99
Old 06-08-2016, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKoopa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

i imagine hitting dain with a 2h would get you a ton of those 23 dmg hits

things should change with the 2h rework patch though, then palladius/tunare should win out but who knows on p99
If ALL your hits were min hits you could do (damage bonus+1)/delay to determine relative damage.
Old 06-09-2016, 08:07 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKoopa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what do you mean by bold?
Old 06-09-2016, 08:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trungep99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not the OP but I believe the damage bonus on weapons isn't effected by AC?
Old 06-09-2016, 10:36 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Bolded part of your post that i quoted. Fast weps are generally going to do better vs high ac targets since youre gonna hit on the low range of ur dmg most of the time
Old 06-09-2016, 10:39 AM
Fire Giant

sorry i must have missed viewing your post correctly before heh. thank you for the response.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Truthbearer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I noticed I do significantly better DPS with my ~1:1 ratio 1H weapon than my ~1:1 ratio 2H weapon.
yep I have noticed this too: i have most of the 2hander weapons out of ToV and it seems like my Frostwrath (24-22) and Hammer of Smashing( 27-25) out dps them all.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yep I have noticed this too: i have most of the 2hander weapons out of ToV and it seems like my Frostwrath (24-22) and Hammer of Smashing( 27-25) out dps them all.
frostwrath best dps wep, idk why people keep doubting me when i say it lol
Closed Thread