Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 07:23 AM
Planar Protector

Exclamation Which class to start?

Okay so maybe I'm insane, but I'm wanting to play EQ again and the thought of going blue turns me off. Fuck.

Is it even possible to level here as a group class now? Like going untwinked rogue. Should I just level necro because that's possible solo?
Old 02-23-2017, 07:36 AM
Banned

Please ignore this troll he feels he has to reply to every post that's created . Can confirm he does not Log on game at all but is a forum stalker
Old 02-23-2017, 07:57 AM
Sarnak

The best way to start on red99 is to not start at all.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSmasher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
before the server became totally dead you could farm currency with a clothie to buy items for your other characters. there is no economy and myself and a few others buy up whatever starter gear we see for sale and give it to npcs. I still have over 450k pp so i will be able to keep anonymously buying and destroying whatever starter gear is available for years to come.

So you have to farm the gear you want yourself. Enchanter is hands down the best choice for soloing, necro 2nd. youll be able to farm any class the gear you need to play with the largest concentration of degenerates online gaming has to offer.
Oh shit I am going to start doing that lol!! Log in buy up all the starter gear and log off. +1
Old 02-23-2017, 08:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ames1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The best way to start on red99 is to not start at all.
^
Old 02-23-2017, 08:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay so maybe I'm insane, but I'm wanting to play EQ again and the thought of going blue turns me off. Fuck.

Is it even possible to level here as a group class now? Like going untwinked rogue. Should I just level necro because that's possible solo?
easiest is to start with a solo class, but everything is possible depending on the time you want to put in

if you can ignore the retards like taco in this thread, you gtg to play red, if not, don't bother
Old 02-23-2017, 08:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
easiest is to start with a solo class, but everything is possible depending on the time you want to put in

if you can ignore the retards like taco in this thread, you gtg to play red, if not, don't bother
We buying up all the starter gear on American time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] reselling at 25x
Old 02-23-2017, 08:44 AM
Banned

cool, u need some froglok crowns?

1.5k, lmk

also some sac daggers, EoE's, gatorhide legs, various pieces of kunark armor, mistmoore instruments, you know the stuff

post a list of shit you are buying, would be cool to sell some garbage rather then give it away
Last edited by derpcake; 02-23-2017 at 08:47 AM..
Old 02-23-2017, 09:19 AM
Sarnak

Yes you can level as a grouping required class. There will just be more times where you have trouble finding a group or have to play well outside the norms of what people think is required to xp.

You will just need a creative way to make money, but most people in groups don't care about the coin loot from mobs, so you can loot everything just to clean up the mess.

Play what you want. When you can't find a group, play an alt that can be your money maker.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:07 AM
Fire Giant

Mage/Necro - needs no gear and can solo very well
Closed Thread