Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 02:41 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default NO P1999 In hotel room

I am currently away on business and P 1999 does not work from my hotel room. It works for the Hidden Forest however. I click to log into the server (i also tried red server) and it boots me back into the username and password screen. Any ideas?

I just read that they banned a whole bunch of accounts. I have never RMTed, Duped, or used any other cheat. How can if a ban is the reason and how do i fix it?
Old 12-20-2013, 02:52 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by antracus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am currently away on business and P 1999 does not work from my hotel room. It works for the Hidden Forest however. I click to log into the server (i also tried red server) and it boots me back into the username and password screen. Any ideas?

I just read that they banned a whole bunch of accounts. I have never RMTed, Duped, or used any other cheat. How can if a ban is the reason and how do i fix it?
If you were banned, a box would pop up and notify you!

I travel every week, and I have had issues with connecting to p99 sometimes. Have you rebooted and/or flushed DNS?
Old 12-20-2013, 03:04 PM
Sarnak

Don't panic. You probably also noticed the Error 1017 message. It's an issue with the hotel network permissions and the p99 servers. Here's what I do to get around it (mind you, it's not a guarantee it'll work on any given attempt).
  • Update all your drivers
  • Download and install Win EQ
  • Connect to the hotel wireless
  • Wait about 10 minutes
  • From Win EQ, launch EverQuest
  • Try to connect to the server

About 75% of the time that will get you through. If it doesn't, I've found just spamming attempts and waiting twenty minutes before trying again have about equally (albeit low) success rates.

Also keep in mind that zoning runs the risk of booting you back to the beginning and locking you out with the error message again. Zone as little as possible if you can help it. I deal with this issue about five times a week, it's obnoxious but you weren't banned...it's just shitty hotel internet.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:14 PM
Orc

lol shitty hotel internet is correct. I have never had to use WinEQ, normally a reboot fixes the issue. I never experience lock ups while zoning.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:55 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

problem seems to have resolved itself. Thanks!
Closed Thread