Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Undead Frogs in Lower Guk Should Run at Low Health

http://www.outsidecontext.com/adanka...ower%20Guk.doc

Quote:
11. Mobs run early.
Plus, I'm sure a few of us probably remember having to chase down a fleeing mob down lord hallway or outside of the frenzy room.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:02 PM
Sarnak

Sometimes they don't. Like if you're low life, the mob will stick it out til u get a heal. I also believe lvls may play a part in it as well. Like if you're lvl 30 and the mob is lvl 40. He might decide to stick it out.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeroyoyort [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sometimes they don't. Like if you're low life, the mob will stick it out til u get a heal. I also believe lvls may play a part in it as well. Like if you're lvl 30 and the mob is lvl 40. He might decide to stick it out.
all this is true, but currently all the undead frogs never flee, at any point, no matter what.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Last edited by Lazortag; 03-12-2011 at 08:26 PM..
Old 03-12-2011, 08:38 PM
Fire Giant

No undead should ever flee although there were a few wrongly flagged on Live. Undead frogs never did though.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:28 AM
Project Manager

I believe they were referring to the live frogs in LGUK fleeing early.

I don't believe the undead ones should flee.

Anyone else?
Old 04-12-2011, 03:42 PM
Aviak

Mobs also won't run if there is another mob nearby. However if they are both low health and you kill one, the other should start running. Those are my experinces from camping Raster on my monk, at least, when I'd often grab a green frog to prevent the minotaur from running and pulling a train.

As for the dead ones fleeing, I remember some pretty bad trains caused by fleeing mobs in the exe/cavalier/savant/ass/sup tower, but that could have been during velious or later while leveling an alt or something.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

I'm pretty sure undead frogs ran if solo at low life. Created some NASTY trains chasing things down in the ass/sup room.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

The undead frogs AI(edit:should) behave similar to Ghouls. They'll flee if they're the only one around (if you have 2 then neither will flee until one of them is dead).

I remember specifically in the Lord/Hand camp on live pre-velious being on Snare duty with my necro.

Its my feeling that mobs in general do not flee early enough or often enough in P99. Pretty much no mobs flee before they're below 10% and many wait until 2-3%. Fleeing mobs were a BIG deal (especially in dungeons) in classic because many would flee as early as 18% where they could move at full speed and potentially cause big problems, making druids/rangers much more desired in groups for no reason other than being able to snare.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Last edited by baalzy; 04-12-2011 at 07:14 PM..
Closed Thread