Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 10:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidrata [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kiting as a necro. Try it. Still takes about 40% mana to toss on all the dots (using lowest darkness spell) I dont like to take half an hour killing a mob with one dot, so I use 5. Fear kiting or regular kiting sucks now. I may be able to eat myself to reduce downtime, but still...

Either way, this nerf was removed later, so idc, it should be short lived.
I had both a necro and a shaman and played a druid on live. It sucks, it's a big change, but that's the way i remember it on live and that's what i had to go through for a long time. In fact I have both a necro and a shaman here as well, so I have to go through it again. FML, this sucks, blablabla...

Welcome to Everquest.
Last edited by Skope; 05-29-2011 at 10:49 AM..
Old 05-29-2011, 10:40 AM
Aviak

You guys keep saying DOTting change was removed later. Prove it. Where are the patch notes? I haven't been able to find them.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:44 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what about the way the potions work? the minor > major pots, that is? I know the lower lvl trivial ones were behaving as if they were the highest lvl from the same line.
That should already be fixed. All buffs/debuffs from items show up on the character sheet wrong until you zone for some reason though.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jepaxis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys keep saying DOTting change was removed later. Prove it. Where are the patch notes? I haven't been able to find them.
Iirc, it wasn't removed until Luclin. Though that's solely based on memory.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:48 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iirc, it wasn't removed until Luclin. Though that's solely based on memory.
Luclin is when they changed stacking I think so the same DOT from different players would stack on a mob.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:49 AM
Large Rat

With the new patch Root is canceling Snares, so where are we in the development path because: 2001 was velious or kunark? I can't remember [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

1/09/2001 Patch - Previously, 'Root' spells would overwrite any snare effect upon the target. When the root would wear off, the target began moving at full speed. With this change, when root wears off, snare will still be in effect. This has a few added effects on the other end.

For instance, root will no longer cancel SoW or Journeyman's Boots effects. It also allowed us to correct a long-standing bug that was allowing bards to cancel root on themselves by playing Selo's Accelerando if Selo's was in effect at the time that the bard was rooted. As mentioned in a previous patch where the first part of this bug was fixed, this was not the intended effect.

1/17/2001 Patch - Fixed a bug that caused 'root' and 'snare' type spells to function incorrectly when stacked. They should now stack properly.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:59 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuggun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With the new patch Root is canceling Snares, so where are we in the development path because: 2001 was velious or kunark? I can't remember [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

1/09/2001 Patch - Previously, 'Root' spells would overwrite any snare effect upon the target. When the root would wear off, the target began moving at full speed. With this change, when root wears off, snare will still be in effect. This has a few added effects on the other end.

For instance, root will no longer cancel SoW or Journeyman's Boots effects. It also allowed us to correct a long-standing bug that was allowing bards to cancel root on themselves by playing Selo's Accelerando if Selo's was in effect at the time that the bard was rooted. As mentioned in a previous patch where the first part of this bug was fixed, this was not the intended effect.

1/17/2001 Patch - Fixed a bug that caused 'root' and 'snare' type spells to function incorrectly when stacked. They should now stack properly.
Unfortunately this was about a month after Velious. No more root/snare for safe ranger soloing!
Old 05-29-2011, 11:03 AM
Aviak

Is Malo line still more aggro than tash? How about Root?
Old 05-29-2011, 11:07 AM
Large Rat

So the root/snare thing lasted a couple months then got reverted back I guess. I swear the same happened for dot's, except it lasted just a few weeks. Will have to dig some more when I get time.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:11 AM
Aviak

Send a message via AIM to LevinJ

I had a stack of about 8 single charge IVU pots on my mage. When I logged in after the patch, there was only one single charge IVU pot. Didn't change after I zoned. Is this intended?
Closed Thread