Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 10:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Not true. Prior to Kunark, Magicians and Necromancers did significantly more DPS against non-raid content than melee classes. Wizards still had shitty DPS but they were actually NECESSARY to kill the high-end boss mobs in the game because melee damage was far below what it would become in Kunark and every other caster would simply get resisted by bosses (and pets were useless, getting AoE feared away and doing almost no damage against bosses to begin with). Wizards were also necessary for even accessing some of the high-end content because of their teleports being the only way to get there.
This right here discredits anything you say. You tell the thousands and thousands of necros and mages who were left out of groups in Classic eq.

Necros stopped doing mad dps when FS daggers and pet duel welding was nerfed.

Wizards needed because of their teleports to hate/sky and that's why they were desired in groups? Needed to kill high end bosses? Do you even know the resist rate of a Ice based spell from a 50 wizard, on a lvl 56/55 naggy? Wizards sure didn't make or break anything on those high end encounters.

Graffe.com would have been the best place for you to post everyday. Go make your own game with your ideas. You can start your own server.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:22 PM
Planar Protector

Did you not hear me saying PRIOR TO KUNARK?

Necros definitely took a hit when pet attack delay got nerfed but they were very overpowered at that point and the nerf simply brought their DPS down from *vastly superior to any other class in the game* to among the best in the game. Their pet + poison DoT line + other damage abilities gave them plenty of DPS to lend to groups and they had all kinds of other tools to lend support as well.

As for Wizards, sure they still got resisted by bosses, but they could at least land spells (whereas other casters would simply get resisted pretty much always). And in comparison to what melee classes were able to do back in the day, that amount of damage was VERY sought after. I suppose it was wrong of me to say Wizards were absolutely necessary to kill bosses, as having a huge number of Clerics would allow you to eventually win a battle of attrition against bosses, but what Wizards brought to the table there was very much desired. And at the very least you DID need a Wizard to even access a couple of the high-end zones.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:23 PM
Aviak

Dude my level 49 pet is green to me 75% of the time at level 52, and it double attacks for 51 damage when it isn't busy missing half of its attacks. It has like 2k hp. Go charm something.

If Hellen Keller was a brick wall, she'd be you.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-29-2011, 11:50 PM
Planar Protector

Please don't use references that are better suited towards what you're doing. Self-mockery isn't useful here.

I'm hardly saying the pet in and of itself is overpowered, I'm saying what a Shaman can do is already very powerful and the pet is an extra ability they should not have and it just makes the class as a whole that much more (over)powered. It doesn't matter if it is a relatively weak pet, it still adds DPS at essentially no cost. This ability also goes against the flavor of what a Shaman should be doing in comparison to a Druid. The fact is, the pet is helpful and that's why you use it frequently. If it wasn't useful then you wouldn't use it...hmm, now where have I seen this before? Oh, right, Druid animal charms.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the nerf simply brought their DPS down from *vastly superior to any other class in the game* to among the best in the game.
This dumbass quote backed up by absolutely nothing at all brought to you by Zuranthium, troll lord of the forums.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:08 AM
Large Rat

This thread would have been good if it was posted in 2000. Especially this post, which I would have agreed with 11 years ago.

Okay, I got in a post in without writing a novel, or even a paragraph.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:58 AM
Fire Giant

oh well, what can you do, they are not doing any of the shit you suggested becouse it does not match the purpose of the server.

<< Hassel the Hoff - Druid of the 55th Grind >>
<< Kassel the Koff - Monk of the 52st Train >>
Old 05-30-2011, 03:15 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by randal.flagg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wizards get a HUGE boost in kunark. I rolled a wizard for lures / bane nukes. Pretty incomparable raw DPS, even if it is just burst. Additionally, the mana regen issue is conquered with the wizard epic / manastone or manarobe.
yes, like everyone that plays a spell caster is gonna get their epic AND a manastone/robe. not everyone has been here since the server opened.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:20 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This is actually just fine for a Shaman because, despite being much less efficient with those abilities at the lower levels, their healing spells are more comparable to a Cleric's at those levels and Shaman also receive the all-important SoW at a low level.

---------

Why should a Shaman - a class that is essentially a tribalisitic witch doctor - have a commandable wolf pet and a Druid (who is supposedly a master of animals/plants/nature/the outdoors) instead only have a shitty "Charm Animal" spell that isn't viable in most zones and is generally inferior to the summoned pet to begin with because of the time/mana spent having to constantly recharm and mitigate the pet breaking and attacking you.
shamans and druids heal the same til kunark after which druids get better heals. check the spell lists. sorry but i dont think melee want a torpor so they cant do any damage.

also shamans get sow before druids so if any class needs to not get sow it would be druids. its a shaman spell first naturally.

---------

shamans have whats called a spirit/totem animal, hence shamans get a spirit wolf. your right about druids needing an animal companion though.

other than your general stupidity on everquest classes i agree with you about one thing on druids. eq really made druids into pussies. what kind of druid doesnt have an animal companion and can't shape change?
Old 05-30-2011, 04:22 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Game Class Balance vs. Adherence to the Source Material o noez what do we do? Guess flawed source material winz!

Is there anything in this thread/form of argument that I didn't manage to sum up in that first line?
Closed Thread