Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 11:45 AM
Banned

pally + shaman hasn't been mentioned and isn't bad. Along with shaman + SK
Old 05-31-2011, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Paladin's get a bad wrap for not having the DPS of monks and an exp penalty, but I like the idea of a pally/sham combo. Especially after the pally picks up a few of the cleric tricks (pacify and root).
Old 05-31-2011, 11:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paladin's get a bad wrap for not having the DPS of monks and an exp penalty, but I like the idea of a pally/sham combo. Especially after the pally picks up a few of the cleric tricks (pacify and root).
pacify is huge. Shaman with a JBB and torpor can easily keep up with heals, slows and DoTs if they don't mind spamming cannibalize like a maniac. My fav end-game combo to pair with a shaman is definitely a pally.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:02 PM
Aviak

I didn't mention Shaman/SK which you could have some pretty decent success with, though I don't think it will really reach its full potential during the lifespan of this server. I remember duoing in Plane of Water with a SK buddy on live. Probably got 50 AAs together camping his sword + my sharkspine club :\
Old 05-31-2011, 12:11 PM
Kobold

rogue /ranger works good as long as you dont run into casters

/necro or SK/ranger works better for outdoors. you can either fear kite or agro kite w/ that combo

Ranger and any melee can agro kite... once again outdoors

ranger/shaman also very viable option for both indoors and out . remeber that your desiease stacks w/ his magic and fire dots. Basicly root rot, pet and bow it down.

Druid Ranger Redundant .

Cleric Ranger fairly good up till you venture to kunark... things just hit harder .

Basicly what i am trying to say is that of your going to duo youll want the ranger for the utility. SK is another option as well as a pally/dps class.

if you are wanting to group w/ more than just you 2 down the road though,then you cant go wrong w/ the holy trio meaning war/cler or ench/cler
Old 05-31-2011, 01:36 PM
Banned

As a rogue I find that I duo well with anyone that can solo and hold most of the aggro, sk's and pallys are my first choice. Its probably not the most efficient but you would be surprised what we can do and its a lot of fun
Old 05-31-2011, 02:00 PM
Sarnak

Druid/Pally is pretty sweet, especially lvl 1-30.
Outdoors the druid can kite while the pally adds dps.
Indoors is great, because the paladin can bring in single pulls, and can also help heal to lower down time.
Having evac available in a dungeon while duoing is a must, you will feel much safer to go further inside
and paladins having LoH can really make the difference saving yourselves in a bad pull/train.

Then come end game, you can port anywhere, and rez too! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

P.S: The problem with warriors, is unless you are twinked out,
you won't hold very good aggro, and your caster will get pummeled alot often when they nuke a mob or heal you.
However the exp penalty does suck, and may detract anyone wanting to duo early on.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Shaman + Whatever the other person wants to play will take you 1-60. Some more quickly than others.

Druid + Wizard is a combo that people haven't talked about that would be great. You can begin quad kiting early since the druid can round up mobs via SoW + Snare and then the wizard nukes. Then later on the druid does the rounding up via SoW and the wizard can AE snare. Then they both AE nuke.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 05-31-2011, 05:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelinda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
mage + ench gets my vote [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have been duoing my Ench (lvl 53 now) from lvl 1 with my brother, who plays a Mage. It's an amazing combo.

With proper (read: spam) runes/berserker, no healer is needed.

As they ground to make XP holy . . . let us twink to make it free; our EQ marches on!
Old 05-31-2011, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waedawen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanter + Druid (my favorite)
DING DING DING

I thought I was going to have to be the first person to say this, but you are a smart man.

If you want to play Everquest with just 2 people and don't care about (eventually) missing out on the content in the game that requires more than 2 people, then this is by far the overall best duo.

The power is in the Enchanter's pet. Even aside from Charm, the Animated pet is very powerful with the buffs between the two characters. Not being able to command the Enchanter pet doesn't matter because with the Druid there to patch heal (and snare), the Enchanter is free to chain pull by taking the initial aggro to get the pet involved in the fight.

The Enchanter provides the crowd control for dungeons (the Druid needs to help sometimes with Root as well) and the Druid gives you the mobility to easily hop around the World and go fight wherever you feel like. If you want to do outdoor camps, the Druid's ability to use harmony is king as well.

There might be a few dungeon areas a Monk + Shaman duo can pull by using Feign Death that the Enchanter + Druid duo wouldn't want to risk using Pacify/Crowd Control on, but there are also definitely scenarios an Enchanter + Druid can take that the Monk + Shaman wouldn't be able to. The Monk + Shaman duo is also more dependent on the Monk being able to get the best equipment to maximize their power, whereas equipment doesn't matter a ton with the Enchanter + Druid duo.