Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 07:48 PM
Planar Protector

Default Druids are so broken on p99

How come root lasts 5 minutes everytime but I can't stack any DoTs that stacked on live? Btw I clearly remember stacking winged death/drones of doom (from ES vambs), Breath of Ro, AND the epic clicky. At some point I even remember drifting death/winged death stacking. I can't find any concrete proof of this...but atleast fix the ES vambs/winged death portion of this bug which we atleast have proof for.

Another part of the game thats broken as hell is the fact that druids dots are supposed to stack up with eachother on a single mob. For example, our raid has 3 druids on it, those druids SHOULD be able to all cast the same DoT on 1 mob for stacked up DoT DPS. This was how it was on live as long as I can remember, and I played from 99-07 roughly.

Kunarks been out for a while now, I have no clue what goes into patching this or fixing it but apparently its pretty tough. Snare and mobs running on this server is far from what it was on live as well, theres almost always a 2 second lag between when a mob is supposed to run, and when it actually does start to run. During this 2 second period the mob literally freezes in its spot as if it was stunned, when its not. This causes druids to literally be useless to groups 55+ in kunark, whereas on live at the very least snare was a requirement in seb/chardok/HS due to tight quarters and the possibility of adds everywhere.

blah, i'll prolly regret getting sucked into this rants and flames thread but literally dont even want to level to 60 on my character due to how nerfed druids are. Also -- I hope the server devs/GM's dont take this thread as an insult, its not intended as that in anyway. I appreciate the fact that we get an opportunity to play this awesome game for free. I also appreciate the time they put in to create an authentic P99 feel to it.

BUT COME ON WHY ARE DRUIDS WEAKER THEN RANGERS
Old 05-20-2011, 07:50 PM
Planar Protector

tl;dr. = i created a character of a class that can solo really well and make crazy amounts of cash, but i'm mad because we kind of suck in groups/raids.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:57 PM
Planar Protector

Winged Death not stacking is a known bug that's being worked on.

Also notice how there hasn't been a patch in a few weeks?

Shit got real for some of the devs and things are delayed.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 05-20-2011, 08:09 PM
Sarnak

Learn2readbugforums

Known issue. Make an alt or go back to lolcharming raptors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-20-2011, 08:24 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

They've already tried to fix the ES arms stacking issue once, a couple patches ago, so they definitely are not ignoring it. Druid dots on raid mobs are useless anyways, they tick like 3 times before the mob is dead, and most bosses will resist them. Even if they fixed snare it wouldn't matter much, other more useful classes bring snares as part of their toolkit. Druids just aren't group/raid friendly, other than ports [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] We live with it and make alts that one day become our mains!
Old 05-20-2011, 08:25 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

ooo I'm a large rat!
Old 05-20-2011, 09:39 PM
Banned

Maybe its cuz I played Tallon Zek PvP.....

But come Velious especially, I remember Druids being quite desired.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:04 PM
Banned

same dots from different players didn't work until almost pop, that's any class. druids, necro's, shaman, etc

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches.html

Patches from July 2002 - December 2002
- DoT spells cast by different players on an NPC now stack (Sept. 4)
- Planes of Power goes live (Oct. 21)
Old 05-21-2011, 11:46 AM
Aviak

lol, I still don't understand the pissing and moaning about this. I pop a BoR on a mob, I click my vambs, I sit. By the time the DoTs have worn off, I've regained the mana it cost me to cast it in the first place. I pull another mob, and do the same. WTF do I need to stack 15 dots for? So I can kill them faster, but with more downtime?

RAAAGE!
Old 05-21-2011, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another part of the game thats broken as hell is the fact that druids dots are supposed to stack up with eachother on a single mob. For example, our raid has 3 druids on it, those druids SHOULD be able to all cast the same DoT on 1 mob for stacked up DoT DPS. This was how it was on live as long as I can remember, and I played from 99-07 roughly.
I got this far and realized you were just making shit up.

lol wut
Closed Thread