Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 02:07 PM
Banned

This insecure tool is gonna get wrecked by the classes he subs. I hope your 4 years of wake-n-bake prepared you to teach a "free day" 5 days a week for minimum wage pal.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This insecure tool is gonna get wrecked by the classes he subs. I hope your 4 years of wake-n-bake prepared you to teach a "free day" 5 days a week for minimum wage pal.
I wonder at what point you learn I don't give a damn? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Odinty Treeguard - Level 58 Druid (Level 9)
Vmek Shadowsong - Level 51 Bard (Level 5)
Odibin Deathbearer - Level 36 Necromancer (Level 13)
Old 06-17-2011, 02:16 PM
Sarnak

in reality the baby boomers who were brought up "so gosh darn perfectly" are the ones royally fucking everything up
Old 06-17-2011, 02:16 PM
Sarnak

oh i mean damn kids these days and their sex
Old 06-17-2011, 02:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormhowl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder at what point you learn I don't give a damn? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this a quote from a conversation with your academic advisor?
Old 06-17-2011, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pico [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in reality the baby boomers who were brought up "so gosh darn perfectly" are the ones royally fucking everything up
absolute truth. the greatest gen and the boomers love to comment on social irresponsibility, selfishness, cowardice, and laziness when the reality is the boomers couldn't possibly better define those characteristics.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

I enjoy my use of their
Old 06-17-2011, 03:06 PM
Sarnak

Hi, im hipster. nice to meet you OP.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:10 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phallax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Going to have to agree here. The world and system on how we raise our kids is getting pussified.

I threw a fit in public when I was a kid I got my ass beat and everyone in the store knew it and knew I deserved it. You do that shit today you get CPS called on you and your kid taken.

Hell, you cant even do a simple bottom pat anymore to let your kid know, with out people giving you a dirty look.
I have to disagree with this. I have raised 2 children to be productive members of society and never once did I have to"beat their ass" Parenting is not about hard you can beat your child's ass to get them to do what you want to to behave a certain way. It is about giving them good examples to follow in their lives. And TEACHING them right from wrong. If you do not sit down and explain to them why certain behaviors are wrong then "beating their ass" all day long will not correct the behavior it will only instill fear and hatred and that breeds rebellion.
Hitting your child is never the answer. It should be the last resort.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theldios [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have to disagree with this. I have raised 2 children to be productive members of society and never once did I have to"beat their ass" Parenting is not about hard you can beat your child's ass to get them to do what you want to to behave a certain way. It is about giving them good examples to follow in their lives. And TEACHING them right from wrong. If you do not sit down and explain to them why certain behaviors are wrong then "beating their ass" all day long will not correct the behavior it will only instill fear and hatred and that breeds rebellion.
Hitting your child is never the answer. It should be the last resort.
Bullshit, and you said it yourself. It's about responsible teaching. Sometimes the only thing that will have the appropriate impact is a reasonable amount of physical reinforcement.

Please note the use of the words sometimes, appropriate, and reasonable. This does not mean beating a kid into fear or the hospital.
Closed Thread