Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 04-24-2017, 11:57 PM
Kobold

Angry Paineel several faction hit errors and NPC missplacements

According to the WIKI the next mobs should be tagged as Merchants, but in fact they're not, and if you're KOS they will attack on sight. If you manage to kill them, they also provide the next factions ->

Factions
-Heretics

Opposing Factions
+Craftkeepers
+Crimson Hands
+Deepwater Knights
+Gate Callers

Archenm
Gernatis
Kelkarn
Lolenton
Loluez

After several hours killing in Paineel, i can report the next facts:

-That Skeletal Guards doesn't grants any faction hits as advertised on the WIKI. Including the 2 tough 18k HP skeletons. They give no faction hits.
-That Heretics grants +1 to Opposite Faction (All Erudite Casting Guilds) instead of +10 as advertised, but they suffer the -30 to the Heretics faction. So setting this example remains true:
-> Killing 100 Heretic NPC's will grant +100 Faction to Erudite Caster Guilds and -3000 faction hit to Heretic'ss Faction
-And as posted in another bug report, Atdehim Sqonci should be granting +1000 Faction Hit to all Erudite Caster Guilds, but in fact, he gives a minor ammount as a normal NPC. Killed him 4 times, that should have ensured max ally, but it just doesn't works as intended. Also according to the wiki this guy has 2475HP, i didn't parse the log, but i would say he has about 20k HP
Last edited by IzHaN80; 04-25-2017 at 12:02 AM..
Old 04-25-2017, 08:53 AM
Planar Protector

Keep in mind the wiki is player maintained, and is not always accurate (such as containing info on spawns from Luclin era or later, out of our timeline). I know the wiki is wrong in a lot of areas, even with faction hits (I've done more than my fair share correcting the Hole page, it was originally a nightmare of misinformation).

If you want to make the case for a change you need to provide links to evidence from wayback machine type research (see the sticky in Bug section).

I do recall when I was doing brewing I found evidence of the skeletons in the bar area to be merchants on allakhazams in our era, but was too lazy to report anything, also not 100% if it was in our timeline or later.

It should be noted that some of the screenshots of those skeletons that were generated from the source page were the Luclin models, so is possible the page is wrong for our timeline.

If I get motivated later I'll try and look some up.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:28 AM
Planar Protector

Wiki was copy pasted from Alla and is edited by players.

A large chunk of it is incorrect for the era or blank.