Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 07:46 PM
Planar Protector

This is one of the great unsolved quests in the game. Good luck.
Old 04-16-2017, 08:10 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Meanwhile, on another board...

Subject: "How do I get my husband into real life?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't do it. If it's a successful endeavor, you're going to have make your own sandwiches and you won't have anyone to bring you hot pockets or clean socks...
Both of the above posts was great! More please! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Send her to red server, she'll love it ^^
But I gotta say this one here is the winner! Come on over to red99, when she gets angry she can just take it out on another player, or even better YOU! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Cylock the Halfing Slayer
Old 04-16-2017, 11:51 PM
Planar Protector

Have you seen Gone Girl? Are you sure you want total wife-immersion?
Old 04-27-2017, 02:55 AM
Orc

I tried to get my husband into EQ since I was a long time vet. His first MMO was world of Warcraft. I finally guilted him into it, he made it to level 2 and I could see how unhappy he was, so I let him log. I leveled that chanter I started with him to 60, though!
Old 04-27-2017, 10:31 AM
Kobold

While us dudes can get gaming satisfaction from just camping a spawn all night, your wife might be more interested in the SOCIAL aspects of the MMO.

If you have a guild, get her talking with them, get her talking with people besides you in general, we all know how friendly this place is overall so she should enjoy that.

You hook her socially, you let her make a friend or two in game, she'll be a lot more likely to play with you.

Just a suggestion.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Both of the above posts was great! More please! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But I gotta say this one here is the winner! Come on over to red99, when she gets angry she can just take it out on another player, or even better YOU! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am debaiting starting a pvp alt with my wife this weekend lol.
Old 04-29-2017, 10:28 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazlo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No idea how to get her to play. If she's anything like my wife there isn't a hope in hell.

The best way to reduce wife agro is do a shit-ton of house work/cooking. She isn't going to bitch much if you cleaned the whole house and made dinner. Also, making some of your play time after she goes to bed is a wise choice. Just don't lose too much sleep and be tired and cranky during the day because that will widen her agro radius a decent amount. Another option is get up about 3 hours before her and get some play time (see tired, cranky issue).

It's quite a juggling act but it can be done! Good luck adventurer.
Effectively managing your line of sight also helps reducing wife agro. Move your PC into your clothing closet and disappear for a few hours a day. Also put headphones on to reduce the effectiveness of her verbal taunts and threats. If you are caught, then you must feign death, it's your last option at that point.
Last edited by Salamarr; 04-29-2017 at 10:35 AM..
Old 04-29-2017, 10:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make the same race with cute names. She has to start with the right character for her. Mages are good since they have pets to boss around and they're really simple to play. Get her lots of jewelry and various robes for different styles.
Listen to this man, he is very wise.
Old 04-29-2017, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Effectively managing your line of sight also helps reducing wife agro. Move your PC into your clothing closet and disappear for a few hours a day. Also put headphones on to reduce the effectiveness of her verbal taunts and threats. If you are caught, then you must feign death, it's your last option at that point.
You can also fake having an affair ('work late' in the office to play, take 'business trips' on the weekend and so on).
Old 04-29-2017, 11:37 AM
Kobold

Also if you spawn a child you can make them farm plat.