Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 08:33 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Gave it a go, Must quit.

Back in the day, I played on Sullon Zek. Was a great time in the early expansions, so I thought I'd give Project 1999 a try. Before hitting eighth level, I've had no less than 10 players "pop" onto my location with a 3rd party hack program. This is why I quit in the first place. Not going to bother spending time grinding up to play with a bunch of cheaters. It's sad, really, but oh well. Enjoy yourselves.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

?
Old 04-21-2017, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

You sound very confused. Could these "popping" players possibly have gated, teleported, translocated, zoned or logged in?

I've played on this server for over a year and never once seen evidence of a single 3rd-party hack. Some people manage to get some stuff (eg. boxing) past the GMs, and if you know more about IT than Rogean you might be able to pull off something like ShowEQ (though I wouldn't bet on it). But as far as client hacks go, the dev team has worked very hard to make them impossible (or at least they've made them require so more effort that they're not worth the trouble).

P.S. Sullon Zek was the only Zek server I ever played on. Good times.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 04-21-2017 at 03:01 PM..
Old 04-21-2017, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

I'm pretty sure this was meant for the red forums.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Back in the day, I played on Sullon Zek. Was a great time in the early expansions, so I thought I'd give Project 1999 a try. Before hitting eighth level, I've had no less than 10 players "pop" onto my location with a 3rd party hack program. This is why I quit in the first place. Not going to bother spending time grinding up to play with a bunch of cheaters. It's sad, really, but oh well. Enjoy yourselves.
I can't tell if this is sarcastic or not. That's not what that is, it's just a weird glitch that happens occasionally when someone enters a zone.

They aren't teleporting, they're in the middle of zoning and don't have control of their character. Sick jump to conclusions though.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can I have your forum account? You only made it to level 8 or I would ask for that to.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:38 PM
Orc

This is a bug, not a hack. It actually works in your favor since you can con them to determine if they are a possible threat or not.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

Part of what makes p99 so great is they do a fantastic job policing hacks that 3rd party software cheats are more or less unheard of here.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 04-21-2017, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

He might be referring to the ghosting bug on r99. It only benefits him for /con and bind sight purposes.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

lmfao, this is not a hack, this is a bug caused by the anti-hacking system. The same system that breaks tracking players.

If you're going to ragequit after the first thing you don't understand, rather than trying to learn the mechanics of the server, I'm glad you're gone.

Edit:
This reminds me of a guy who came into the discord recently crying that his groups were always letting him die and not caring that he did.

Turned out he was pulling red mobs without conning them and wiping the whole group. Also turns out it happened once, not 6 times.
Last edited by Doctor Jeff; 04-21-2017 at 04:43 PM..
Closed Thread