Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 02:04 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Classic Magic

Count me in as another former player who just found out about Project 1999 and became very excited about reliving the great (and not so great) experiences of the early days of Everquest. I started this week am enjoying the brutal reality of leveling 1--5 on a few characters with only the coppers I have looted and making a beeline to a decaying skeleton with a coveted Cracked Staff because I need that money to buy spells. Numerous people have buffed me and the community seems great and very helpful.

I dont mind some of the updates in live but what makes classic so much different for me is travel. Luclin and PoP eliminated the challenge of travel.

Having no map, a sense heading of 1 and finding your way around Greater Fay with /loc. Riding the boat, finding a port or risking a frightening cross continent run at low levels is part of the game that I think they should never have caved on despite complaints. Some of my greatest adventures were while traveling from one location to another. It promotes group play rather than solo play.

I remember being around level 10 and a friend an I making the long run from Freeport to Qeynos for the Stein of Moggok quest and making it right to the entrance to Qeynos Hills before getting ambushed by a werewolf.

I hope the server stays around for a long time and stays where it is.
I was a wizard primarily on live but working on a cleric main here to try and get involved and meet people faster.
Closed Thread