Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 02:29 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Just ordered disks, advice please?

Played live servers for about 10 years, so I'm familiar with the game in general. I would like to know about the curent leveling environment, and class needs. Are there sufficient groups still leveling up in many zones? Would I be better of making a first character that is easy to solo, like necro? If I really want to group as much as possible, should I stick with cleric, slow/cc, tank, or are there plenty of group opportunities for dps?

On live, my main was always a ranger (Goen on Xev), but I played most classes at one point or another.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:02 AM
Aviak

I started about a week ago and thought there my not be many low lvl players. Seems like that is not true. started a necro and I am having fun but there are a lot of players out there. If your goal is to group I would stick with a group class like a cleric or something like that.

But in the end play what ya like or you wont have any fun lol
Old 04-25-2017, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are there sufficient groups still leveling up in many zones? Would I be better of making a first character that is easy to solo, like necro?
There are definitely groups, though they tend to stick to the "happy path" of well-known zones. As for soloing, if you plan to be here awhile it's probably a good idea to start with a solo class like druid, enchanter, necro, shaman (or maybe bard or mage). This way you always have something to do: if you login and you can't find a group, you just solo. Furthermore, once you get to a higher level you can use that character to easily farm plat and gear for your other characters. Then when you play (say) your Warrior alt and can't find a group you can always go back to your solo character, or another alt, or maybe you even solo that warrior with the fungal tunic that your solo character got for them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But you definitely should not play a class you dislike just so you can get it high enough to farm gear for the class you like, so if you don't like the solo classes or don't know how long you'll play here then I would strongly recommend starting with the class you enjoy. Even if you pick a ranger or wizard (the two classes people most like to crap on for being weak in this era) you'll be able to get some groups (not as many as say a cleric) or start your own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I really want to group as much as possible, should I stick with cleric, slow/cc, tank, or are there plenty of group opportunities for dps?
Groups need everything, but the the thing to understand is that people prefer certain classes, so a Rogue will get invited to fill a DPS slot long before a Wizard will. Wizards still get groups, but mainly when there's no other "better" DPS options available.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 04-25-2017 at 01:15 PM..
Old 04-25-2017, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

You shouldn't of bought the disc. Burn a copy of them then resell them immediately and hope you get your money back.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 04-25-2017, 02:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You shouldn't of bought the disc. Burn a copy of them then resell them immediately and hope you get your money back.
This. All you are doing is padding the pockets of some neckbeard.
Closed Thread