Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 03:00 PM
Sarnak

Default havent played p99 in ages, few questions

I have not played project 1999 since about 6 or so months after launch, I was just wondering what the grouping situation is like? are there still low level groups to be had if I dont feel like soloing?

is the guild scene pretty good?

are any classes over / under played ?
Old 04-24-2017, 03:31 PM
Banned

The popular zones are always full of people (Crushbone, Oasis, CoM, MM,KC, Seb, HHK) .There are plenty of people to group with at all level ranges, I have never once had a problem finding people to XP with unless a zone is over camped.
Old 04-24-2017, 03:39 PM
Sarnak

do popular classes like mages and necros have any problems finding groups?
Old 04-24-2017, 03:49 PM
Banned

The only classes that I feel people actively avoid are the port classes (Dru/Wiz) but even then nothing is 100% and they can group. pre level 50 and post level 50 are different worlds for group also. Pre level 50 I feel like people don't really care about group composition, post level 50 the Tank/Cleric/Rog/Chanter/Monk/Shaman min/max is more of a factor...

But if your question is "is grouping for XP alive and well on P99" then the answer is 100% yes
Old 04-24-2017, 03:53 PM
Kobold

Heck why do people avoid Druid? If I can ever figure out how to install the game I wanted to play a Druid.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:18 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeatee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have not played project 1999 since about 6 or so months after launch, I was just wondering what the grouping situation is like? are there still low level groups to be had if I dont feel like soloing?

is the guild scene pretty good?

are any classes over / under played ?
I recently picked up p99 after not playing EQ since original/live Kunark & Velious eras. Only lvl 23 at the moment, but the p99 server, because its population is all contained on one server, mirrors my exact experience back in the day. Lowbies running around all over the starting zones, over-camped dungeons during prime time hours, rare spawns camped around the clock, and so on.

Unless I'm playing during off hours, it's rare that I hit a completely empty zone. I find that for grouping, in the popular zones, you'll be able to find something at nearly all hours of the day. During off hours or when in lesser populated zones, if you take a little initiative to get a duo or trio group going, you'll nearly always be able to get something going because while 99% of people are too lazy/intimidated to start a group themselves, they'll always join if they get a friendly offer.
Old 04-24-2017, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus77 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heck why do people avoid Druid? If I can ever figure out how to install the game I wanted to play a Druid.
In this era (Verant vastly improved things for Druids later on, but we'll never see those changes here) Druids are a jack-of-all-trades, master of none class. They can heal, but clerics heal much better. They can DPS, but they're focused on short "splurts" of damage; over the long term a rogue (for instance) is going to much more damage. Druids can charm, but not as well as Enchanters (and can only charm animals).

So if you're building a group, you want to pick the class that's optimal for whatever slot you're filling, and Druids are sub-optimal for all slots. But that being said ... who needs 6-man groups?

Druids can solo all the way to 60 if they want, with three different styles (root/rot, charm, and quad kite) to choose from. They can also form great duos or trios, and pretty much any class can raid, so it's not like a druid will be bored on this server unless they just sit in Crushbone/Karnor's/other "happy path" zones and wait for an invite. But if that is what you want to do, Druid is the wrong class to pick: go make a cleric or enchanter or something else instead.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 04-24-2017 at 06:08 PM..
Old 04-25-2017, 04:32 AM
Fire Giant

The class most actively avoided by groups is not druid, it's wizard. One part of it is that wizards have very poor sustained DPS and the other part is their bad reputation (afk Wizard).

Druids have no big problem finding groups below 40 (as healer). 40+ their healing will be bad to be considered main healer, at least when the targeted mobs are challenging for the group.
Closed Thread