Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 10:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilstoniakrath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As for the PP vid, just say what it was that was fake, I don't need a link to some fake news article.
The only thing that was fake in that whole thing was the autopsy of the guy that thought up the PP sting in the first place. RIP, my Brother [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-26-2017, 10:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelonpai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no, it immoral to promote suffering. abortion quell suffering. islam and many religion in general promote suffering. so do charity. it painful to right a wrong when the right seems so wrong, but unless you do, you just gonna get more wrong :c reason is not kind, but neither is it cruel. it simply is, indifferent, true and unchanging.
By your logic we should sterilize libturds since their beliefs stifle innovation that would improve and prolong lives
Old 04-26-2017, 10:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilstoniakrath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As for the PP vid, just say what it was that was fake, I don't need a link to some fake news article.
It's kind of complicated because it wasn't just one or two obvious lies, it was tons and tons of editing to make people look bad. I know you don't want a link, but for anyone else:

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/07/uns...enthood-video/

As I understand it they took tons and tons of footage and edited out everything except stuff that:
  • sounds bad out of context
  • sounds bad because the PP people were being tone-deaf and what they were saying was bad (but not illegal)
  • sounds bad to us laypeople (eg. the cost of fetuses for research) but is totally normal to medical research people
Now I know using fetuses for research is gross, but would you rather be grossed out and have a cure for some terminal baby disease or not be grossed out and have an actual dead baby?

At the end of the day, despite the videos generating huge amounts of publicity not a single PP employee was charged with anything (not even in "red" places), but the people behind the video are all in court (and/or jail?). If there had been even the tiniest shred of evidence the bible belt Republicans would have jumped at the chance to get PP with it ... but there was none.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's kind of complicated because it wasn't just one or two obvious lies, it was tons and tons of editing to make people look bad. I know you don't want a link, but for anyone else:

As I understand it they took tons and tons of footage and edited out everything except stuff that:
  • sounds bad because the PP people were being tone-deaf and what they were saying was bad (but not illegal)
  • sounds bad to us laypeople (eg. the cost of fetuses for research) but is totally normal to medical research people
Now I know using fetuses for research is gross, but would you rather be grossed out and have a cure for some terminal baby disease or not be grossed out and have an actual dead baby?

At the end of the day, despite the videos generating huge amounts of publicity not a single PP employee was charged with anything (not even in "red" places), but the people behind the video are all in court (and/or jail?). If there had been even the tiniest shred of evidence the bible belt Republicans would have jumped at the chance to get PP with it ... but there was none.
You mean just like what the MSM does to conservatives 24/7/365? Outrageous.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:04 PM
Banned

Some traits limit your childs future potential earning power and should be selected against. Downs and gay for example.

The point is how do we justify drawing the line and where?
Old 04-26-2017, 11:11 PM
Planar Protector

Oh shit. I can't even comment on it, I'm losing brain cells tryiing.

What would Kim Jung-un rule in a case like this? Oh yeah...
Kim Jung-un: "Guilty! tare them apart and feed them to my dogs!"

So obviously everyone in NK is subject to being 100% guilty if they are not a protected class. In our case the protected class is just broader than one single nutcase that thinks he's GOD over his country and it's people. No, we have a lot of little gods running around exempting from our laws such as politicians, MSM, sports stars, planned parenthood workers etc etc etc. while any that would oppose them suffer imprisonment or just becomes another heart attack gun statistic... well in this case anyway.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Its amazing that you could put this much thought into a video that was proven fake years ago but put so much less thought into saying an uncut interview with someone is fake.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but put so much less thought into saying an uncut interview with someone is fake.
Once again: I never said the video was a fake. What I said was that it could be, I don't know, but I don't give a fuck about George Soros and I'm not going to watch some stupid 13 minute long video about a guy I don't care about (and then have to research its legitimacy afterward).

He could be 100% legit eating babies with a nice Chianti in that video and I still wouldn't care (anymore than I would about watching any random stranger eat babies).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Right back at you big guy.

You seem to think I like Soros. You've probably got this vision of a libtard with Soros posters on his wall, just as I have visions of y'all conservitards with your Karl Rove and Koch brothers posters. We all imagine things about people we don't know.

But you'll just have to trust that I truly don't care about George Soros. Really. Today is the most I've ever even heard the man's name used in my entire life.

So I'm not saying that video is false, and I'm not saying it's true. What I'm saying is that I am a lazy bastard who doesn't want to watch a 13 minute video with no timestamp about some guy I don't know/care about. I also don't want to have to do the research afterwards to find out whether my confirmation bias is making me think the video is true/false when it's actually the opposite.

Oh, and I'm also saying that was a terrible, terrible song.

But if you're so certain this video is absolute truth because you don't like him and not because you've done critical open-minded thinking and research, isn't that confirmation bias?
All I am saying bro is, you linked a snopes article that says he is not a nazi, then I showed you a video where he literally says he doesnt feel remorse for being a nazi and I just want to hear you say that snopes is wrong and that soros is a nazi.

I dont care about him either but I aint going to go around saying people who are nazis, arent nazis.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Hey now if Kimmy were as smart as Soros, Kimmy would circulate a fake photo of himself and then immediately go to Snopes and write a debunk page while explaining how much of a nice guy Kimmy is. People would believe it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]