Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 09:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
warriors don't have channeling and interrupts aren't blocked by fsi.

op is a liar
people on blue do not know this mechanic lol
Old 04-25-2017, 09:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
warriors don't have channeling and interrupts aren't blocked by fsi.

op is a liar
Semantics. Stop hating on ogres.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:23 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Semantics. Stop hating on ogres.
It was almost believable, but that was patched

Patch Notes: March 23rd, 2015
Haynar: Pure melee (or anyone currently lacking the channeling skill) will no longer be able to channel through spells, if they get hit by melee or move while casting the spell.

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:27 AM
Banned

OP died to an aviak LOL what a trashcan
Old 04-26-2017, 02:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP died to an aviak LOL what a trashcan
Completely false. ^

That being said, still going hard in the paint on my ogre warrior!

I just had a fight where I had 10% health and I aggro'd a yellow conned mob. For anything other than an ogre this would have been nothing short of a quick death... Not for my ogre warrior though!

Instead of running, I knew the chance of my ogre winning was fairly good so I dug my ogre heels into the dirt and held my ground.

Crippling hit after crippling hit occurred and within 30 seconds I had that yellow conned mob down to 5% health while my health had only dipped to 7%, leaving me with one more crippling hit finishing that mob off cleanly!

The tankiness and survivability of this ogre warrior compared to my old halfling warrior is ridiculous!

I just think there's more going on here, behind the stats. The more I play the ogre warrior, the more convinced I become that there are hidden statistical values that are not being displayed on the character stat sheet.

It's as if the warrior is three levels higher than he actually is... FSI is awesome, never getting stunned when in combat surely helps, but there's more going on here I am sure of it.
Old 04-26-2017, 02:14 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
people on blue do not know this mechanic lol
Old 04-26-2017, 02:20 AM
Planar Protector

Trolls are better ^^
Old 04-26-2017, 02:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trolls are better ^^
Nice to meet you, Mr. Kettle.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While being attacked by a mob on my ogre warrior, I used a sow potion and despite all attempts by the aviak to stun and interrupt me, I got the sow pot off.

Just one more reeason why ogres truly are the apex race of Norrath. FSI never ceases to amaze me.

I can't believe how long I went playing other inferior and weak races! truly the best race ever created on a MMO, hands down.
I find this story hard to believe. Warriors can't really channel any kind of hit, let alone bashes which have a stronger knockback component. How did you manage to take a hit and resume casting? Such knowledge would be very useful to me. No matter how tightly cornered my warriors are even the tickle of a feather interrupts their attempts to click.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trolls are better ^^
This is essentially why I never played an Ogre. That big boost to HP regeneration just seems more useful. Ogres also have really bad Dex in addition to Int.
Closed Thread