Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 03:15 PM
Aviak

I remember when I started playing EQ. I learned a lot from file structures to how to build a comp and my typing skills went through the roof very quickly you will get there i am sure of that.
Old 04-26-2017, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus77 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the help loramin. I am at work currently but will try to answer these questions when I get back home to my PC tonight because I do not know what kind of Windows I have. I have the files that we arent supposed to talk about. Just got them last night and have done nothing to them at all.
Well we are supposed to have them, and 95+% of the server got them the way you did, but to protect P99 (legally) we just aren't supposed to discuss exactly how to get them in this forum (a subtle but important distinction).

In any case, the files from that place can come in two forms: as the installation discs, or as an Everquest installation. This is where my question about a few CD icons (the installation disc form) or a bunch of various files (installed form) came from. If you have the disc form you'll need my installation guide, but if you have the installed form you just need to create a shortcut to the installed Everquest file with "patchme" added, and you'll be done (if this winds up being the case I can explain how to do that).

Once you know which you have we can take it from there.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:34 AM
Kobold

Thank you loramin and everyone.

Special thanks to Ashintar for the Remote install. I'm enjoying playing the game again and never could have done it without your help.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:43 AM
Sarnak

Thumbs up Detail instructions how to Mod p99 EMU

Okay this how it works Download Jzip its a file extractor program,

once you downloaded that program onto your pc ,

take your eqp99 folder put it onto your desktop.

then open p99 forums getting started click the updated file link ,

at this point it will tell you to choose a program to open the zip file go into open or browse look for jzip app click it and have your pc open it with it.

once you open the jzip it will pop up with all the eq files that need to be extracted into your eq folder.

Select all or highlight all of them, then press extract all , now it will tell you where you want to extract all these files.

You want to put it in your eq folder that is on your desktop once its done extracting your done. put it back into your program files , tah da you got a running eq titan emulator for p99. enjoy.