Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 03:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaweedpimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This made me lol.

Are you scared of humingbirds and think chocolate is the devils food?
But it is the devil's food..
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cake.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaweedpimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This made me lol.

Are you scared of humingbirds and think chocolate is the devils food?
Your own reponse makes ME lol. It is illogical and emotionally stunted. What a shock coming from a PVP lover.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your own reponse makes ME lol. It is illogical and emotionally stunted. What a shock coming from a PVP lover.
Yes, playing against people rather than AI is illogical and emotionally stunted. Some of us happen to have been gaming since before AI was any good, skippy, and actually prefer the challenge of that because, back in the day, that's all we had. Not to mention, it can be looked at as extreme roleplaying. I'm largely a blue player personally, but do enjoy pvp...It's an entirely legitimate way to play EQ.

Asshattery goes on in PvP, but to suggest that it only happens there and doesn't in PvE like people do is completely absurd. Making generalizations about groups of people based on personal baises is the very definition of illogical and emotionally stunted.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:33 PM
Sarnak

Racial teams maybe. So maybe 2/3 of the server is trying to grief me, rather than everyone is trying to grief me
Old 05-23-2012, 10:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekapaug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, playing against people rather than AI is illogical and emotionally stunted. Some of us happen to have been gaming since before AI was any good, skippy, and actually prefer the challenge of that because, back in the day, that's all we had. Not to mention, it can be looked at as extreme roleplaying. I'm largely a blue player personally, but do enjoy pvp...It's an entirely legitimate way to play EQ.

Asshattery goes on in PvP, but to suggest that it only happens there and doesn't in PvE like people do is completely absurd. Making generalizations about groups of people based on personal baises is the very definition of illogical and emotionally stunted.
It happens on the blue server, but there's less of it. Note that I'm only comparing blue99/red99, not live pvp servers to live pve servers. I play on both servers and I can unbiasedly say that the red community is far less understanding, far more ungrateful and entitled, and far less capable of expressing a coherent rational thought, than the blue community. It's not just that there are more griefers on red (I think most people on blue99 would grief too if it were legal), but that the community is mostly a cesspool of illiterate, narcissistic bigots who complain incessantly about everything.

Like I said earlier in this thread, I love eq pvp, I think it livens up the game and gives every class a purpose. But the community is mostly players from previous boxes who are used to walking all over GM's/developers and trolling them into changing things for their benefit. They aren't interested in having a fun pvp server for the long term, they only want to whine and cheat and claim victory when they grief people off the server, and claim bias/favoritism when they get banned for their douchebag behavior.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Last edited by Lazortag; 05-23-2012 at 10:56 PM..
Old 05-24-2012, 01:02 AM
Sarnak

I am going to make a shaman on Red tonight. Barbarian shaman, going to recreate my Live character, I am bored of Blue for the time being, I logged on my warrior and logged off after 30 minutes, maybe a change up is what I need. I will be on in an hour and a half after I get out of work. Look for Couthor. :-)

Edit: for the classic lulz I leave you with this gentlemen.

Last edited by deneauth; 05-24-2012 at 01:20 AM.. Reason: For the lulz!
Old 05-24-2012, 01:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonIsStillPosting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bans for players caught exploiting content, mechanics, etc.

Zero legitimacy on Red99, like P99. The guild on top cheats to high hell and nothing is ever done about with exception to 2boxing, the only thing you can ever get banned for.
Bump for bringing legitimacy back to P99/R99
Old 05-24-2012, 01:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneauth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am going to make a shaman on Red tonight. Barbarian shaman, going to recreate my Live character, I am bored of Blue for the time being, I logged on my warrior and logged off after 30 minutes, maybe a change up is what I need. I will be on in an hour and a half after I get out of work. Look for Couthor. :-)

Edit: for the classic lulz I leave you with this gentlemen.

I'm working on a pally, currently level 9. Moved to the qeynos area and a buddy has a ranger he's catching up. Im going to be scarce for a couple days but give a shout to Dunethal if you see me on and want to group up.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:58 AM
Sarnak

With the exp bonus I be I can get lvl 9 for some sow action, looking forward to it now I am getting all pumped about it. :-) Clocking out in 2 minutes haha.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:56 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimacombe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any dead fish can go with the current.
I can't believe I'm almost 35 and have never heard or read this phrase before now.

I love it!