Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 01:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issues [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3. Most players have multiple toons and don't want to xfer a fungi everytime they want to play a different toon.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-25-2013, 01:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issues [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reasons why the price has risen and will continue to rise:

1. The best leveling tool still obtainable.

2. An item still used by level 60s even with best gear as a passive regen tool.

3. Most players have multiple toons and don't want to xfer a fungi everytime they want to play a different toon.

4. Invis nerf - The camp needs well geared players and more of them. Which means more guys having to stay put which increases the odds of having to replace members frequently. Thus a never ending cycle of less king kills per day.

5. The item is still good in velious and will be farmed even less.

6. Because sellers control the market. A guy wanting a fungi and wanting it immediately will have to pay what the market wants or be without a fungi.
I tend to agree on some of these points. Though it's obvious you have at least 5 of them banked. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Originally -
Reiguy of Fennin Ro
Tyvix Rex of Sullon Zek.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Fire Giant

If you want it for 80k, just keep trying. There's always someone wanting to make a quick buck.

For example, I got my Fungi for 65k back when they were regularly going for 80k. I spent 3 days hitting up sellers, and eventually I sent a tell to a guy that offered to only accept 65k without me giving him a price.

You will never see a fungi be broadcasted for < 85k now because if they are, they'll get bought up by resellers immediately wanting to sell at 100k. So if you want something at "below market price", either broadcast that is what you are buying at, or keep contacting sellers offering your price.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
1. The best leveling tool still obtainable.
2. An item still used by level 60s even with best gear as a passive regen tool.
These points were all just as relevant while fungi's were declining in price over the last year

Quote:
4. Invis nerf - The camp needs well geared players and more of them. Which means more guys having to stay put which increases the odds of having to replace members frequently. Thus a never ending cycle of less king kills per day.
5. The item is still good in velious and will be farmed even less.
These will not have immediate short term effects on the price. They will cause a slow, long term price increase.

Quote:
6. Because sellers control the market. A guy wanting a fungi and wanting it immediately will have to pay what the market wants or be without a fungi.
There are a ton of fungi's sitting unsold on the market, even moreso with the duping going on, it's not hard to find one at a reasonable price.

The short of it is people think by spamming threads in the EC forum and in game with stupid prices they can convince the general population that the fungi market equilibrium is somewhere above 100k when that is clearly not the case.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiddlywinks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you own one fungi - Thats on your toon in sebilis/chardok/charasis. Meh now you feel like leveling a different toon located in unrest

EQ is a amazingly huge world.

Have fun switching that back n forth mane.

with less new fungis being obtained daily and more players joining the server...you'd have to be extremely narrow-minded to not see the future.

Lack of product - higher demand - buyers compete - prices rise.

I merely state facts.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:19 PM
Sarnak

They aren't 100k items, they are barely 85k items.

Fungi shot up from 65 to 85 and some people testing the waters at 100k. This price increase was strictly from resellers selling among themselves and speculative buying. They believe prices will go up, so they set continuously higher and higher prices. I've literally watched people fail to sell them at 85k one day, then try and sell it 100k the next day and still fail to sell.

Sellers will always argue, well that that's the way the economy works, but it doesn't. They are trying to advocate supply side economics. Economy fails to work that way. Price is demand driven not supply.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:37 PM
Fire Giant

It's not 100k. Nobody is paying that except the guys that want to spend extra.

I see at least one every single day for 85k or less.
Last edited by Aaron; 07-25-2013 at 02:58 PM..
Old 07-25-2013, 02:53 PM
Skeleton

This applies more to low lvl-mid gear than fungis and such, but here's my two cents. (This has worked for me over the decade +)

If you think something is overpriced, please let the seller know. As a buyer you actually have a lot of power over the market.

Hey, people may consider it rude, but if I feel an item is overpriced I shoot an offer to the seller of what I would pay ( even if it is considerably lower ). As a new player to the server who has very little plat I offer what I feel is fair (Yes, someone who is established would readily spend triple on his twinks because he can, but I'm still going to use my own bank roll as a guide ) I really don't have a choice...

This usually ends with me farming my own gear or a seller taking me up on my offer. Either way is great for me.

Don't succumb to high prices and everyone will enjoy lower prices. It's not fun being a seller when nothing is being sold, right?

The last thing RMT's want is legit players paying much lower and affordable prices on gear....I think the best way to combat this is to find friendly people who aren't duping items and are playing the game how its meant to be played. If a seller isn't abusing camps and duping items, he will be more likely to sell mid lvl gear at much more affordable prices.

Ignoring these 10 bag fungi sellers and their crazy prices is the best thing a majority of the casual players can do. Just cuz there is a crazy RMT market going on doesn't mean YOU have to be part of it. For example, if you only trade within a legit guild with no dupers and such, you'll find your friends will give you much more fair prices.

I kind of went on a rant, but that's my two cents. Thanks for reading and sorry for how poorly this is written.

Happy Adventuring!
<Mazana Lvl 55 Monk Live>
<Kostou Lvl 55 Ranger Live>
<Kostou Lvl 65 Warrior Shards of Dalaya>
<Guntzer Lvl 65 Cleric Shards of Dalaya>
Old 07-25-2013, 02:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
So you own one fungi - Thats on your toon in sebilis/chardok/charasis. Meh now you feel like leveling a different toon located in unrest

EQ is a amazingly huge world.

Have fun switching that back n forth mane.

with less new fungis being obtained daily and more players joining the server...you'd have to be extremely narrow-minded to not see the future.

Lack of product - higher demand - buyers compete - prices rise.

I merely state facts.
No you don't....please explain why there would be a lack of product? People are already openly forming groups to perma camp fungis...

Also I'll point out a again that you're one of the guys that is TRYING to make the price rise.

lvl 37 Troll Shaman OF JUSTICE
Old 07-25-2013, 03:18 PM
Fire Giant

Buy that cheap fungi and get your use out of it before it gets jacked for being a dupe.
Closed Thread