Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 01:02 AM
Banned

tha fuck would you download a streaming tv show for
Old 09-26-2013, 01:11 AM
Banned

I'm energy conscious about the universe and all the little bits on my drive. 245mb just to see a chick seems not right at all.

I googled up sinistergrin, saw a second life char and some youtube thing that looks like its gangsta or hip hop (hard to tell)

Did not see any beautiful people.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:39 AM
Fire Giant

How come there hasn't been any Venus Project rants yet Hasbin
Old 09-26-2013, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be clear: the type of property i am referring to as theft is "private property." This is mostly distinguished as exclusionary "owned land" and exclusionary "excess resources," as opposed to "posessions" and "personal property," which can be seen as "things you need or have some use-right to" and "use-rights to land" and "things which are produced from the land you're using, within reason."
only skimmed a few posts..

There is no land ownership in maine, you may have a house there, you may own a deed and pay taxes on the land, you don't own the land.

The only reason I bring this up is because theres a hot topic in maine right now for the construction of a private east west highway which will tear through the state clearing houses and businesses out of the process. My great aunt and uncle have lived in their house that they built by hand for over 40 years. never missed a payment or anything have a deed etc etc The highway is going right through their front door and theres nothing they can do about it.

The state has had a vote and the people turned it down but apparently it doesn't matter the company can still go ahead and construct its highway, if you don't want to sell to them to bad they're going straight to the bank and buying your land out from under you and kicking you on the street.

So though my family has lived on this land for over 100 years, built 2 houses, etc etc etc... we don't own anything other than what we put here. if someone wanted the property they could just go to the bank and pay more than we can and take it from us.

Can't wait for day 1 construction im going to be standing in front of bulldozers with a rifle/shotgun/road flares on my chest screaming i have a bomb. its my state god dammit, go fuck yourselves and your highway.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 09-26-2013, 02:02 PM
Fire Giant

How many 2 word responses has Hasbinbad made since his initial post? I won't even read them because they are full of commie nonsense.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
only skimmed a few posts..

There is no land ownership in maine, you may have a house there, you may own a deed and pay taxes on the land, you don't own the land.

The only reason I bring this up is because theres a hot topic in maine right now for the construction of a private east west highway which will tear through the state clearing houses and businesses out of the process. My great aunt and uncle have lived in their house that they built by hand for over 40 years. never missed a payment or anything have a deed etc etc The highway is going right through their front door and theres nothing they can do about it.

The state has had a vote and the people turned it down but apparently it doesn't matter the company can still go ahead and construct its highway, if you don't want to sell to them to bad they're going straight to the bank and buying your land out from under you and kicking you on the street.

So though my family has lived on this land for over 100 years, built 2 houses, etc etc etc... we don't own anything other than what we put here. if someone wanted the property they could just go to the bank and pay more than we can and take it from us.

Can't wait for day 1 construction im going to be standing in front of bulldozers with a rifle/shotgun/road flares on my chest screaming i have a bomb. its my state god dammit, go fuck yourselves and your highway.
that is eminent domain, which is a different issue that "property" in the first place.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How come there hasn't been any Venus Project rants yet Hasbin
futurism is cool and everything, but it's not really a main focus in my life. i do study quite a bit of permaculture, which is looking at our lifestyles in a critical manner.. fukuoka style seed bombs and holzer's work hold particular interest for me. These guys have been able to do things which traditional horticulture hasn't even considered.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Fukuoka
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG-kVTkT26k

Holzer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu3THF1D-Vo
Old 09-26-2013, 02:25 PM
Kobold

what the fuck is op talking about

who is he replying to?
Old 09-26-2013, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that is eminent domain, which is a different issue that "property" in the first place.
I just know its fucked up, and I can't wait to shoot at some bulldozers!

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 09-26-2013, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

in related news, the city of richmond (where i grew up) is using eminant domain to prevent banks from foreclosing on poor people.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3905885.html