Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 09:56 PM
Banned

Ret is viable, but not so much to those who want to min max. Warlocks are extremely strong in TBC as well.

Beta by the end of next month mark my words!
Old 04-26-2013, 12:36 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karafa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ret is viable, but not so much to those who want to min max. Warlocks are extremely strong in TBC as well.

Beta by the end of next month mark my words!
Ret was not viable until 3.0; it was a pretty poor spec for the entire expansion. But when 3.0 dropped it was the most overpowered spec WoW has ever seen--for a short while, and it slowly tapered off in power as Wrath progressed.

TBC was a bad time for paladins in general in pvp. Holy paladins were too easy to control, and prot didn't have the kind of gimmicks it was given in Wrath. Even in PvE Holy was kind of disappointing for anything other than brute force main-tank healing efficiency.
Last edited by Ephirith; 04-26-2013 at 12:41 AM..
Old 04-26-2013, 03:57 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
vanilla wow was the best, tbc was good but arenas were dumb and killed world pvp. the old honor system was the best part about wow.
Play DF:UW if you want real PvP.

edit: My bad, vanilla WoW is actually pretty decent. I was drunk at the time of the original post. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Anesthia; 05-01-2013 at 01:28 PM..
Old 04-26-2013, 04:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephirith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ret was not viable until 3.0; it was a pretty poor spec for the entire expansion. But when 3.0 dropped it was the most overpowered spec WoW has ever seen--for a short while, and it slowly tapered off in power as Wrath progressed.

TBC was a bad time for paladins in general in pvp. Holy paladins were too easy to control, and prot didn't have the kind of gimmicks it was given in Wrath. Even in PvE Holy was kind of disappointing for anything other than brute force main-tank healing efficiency.
Nihilum had Paladin's off-tanking up to and through BT. S3/S4 Arena was dominated by Prot Paladins in Holy gear partnered with a Prot Warrior, and Ret dps is no where near as poor as you're portraying it to be in this era.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:57 AM
Sarnak

Ret DPS is pretty horrible in TBC. If you have great gear, are very skilled and work absurdly hard, you can just exactly reach the level of the worst geared/skilled/half-assing people playing actual DPS classes. On top of this, a ret paladin brings almost nothing that a prot and a couple of holy paladins don't cover, both of which should be present in almost all raids. To make matters worse, ret is barely viable for alliance since your DPS drops by like 20% if you don't have Seal of Blood.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephirith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ret did great in 3.3. Never had any problems with ret dps in ICC. It was terrible in ulduar / ToC, though.

edit: and yeah, ret was a charity case in TBC. Sometimes you had one but not because you needed one, lol.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:52 PM
Fire Giant

I recall pallies near the end of the expansion being buffed significantly. We rolled prot pally for Hyjal and he was SOO OP. I also recall my rogue getting a ret paly for group buffs.

MY fav part of TBC was GROUP buff instead of RAID buffs. it actually mattered how your leader set up your group.

<< Hassel the Hoff - Druid of the 55th Grind >>
<< Kassel the Koff - Monk of the 52st Train >>
Old 04-26-2013, 09:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anesthia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vanilla wow was the best because it was a piece of shit in a time when everything else was an inferior piece of shit. Go play DF:UW if you want real PvP.
id try it, isnt it still in beta tho? from the videos it kinda reminds me of dark souls (which i still play because the pvp is awesome.)
Old 04-26-2013, 09:52 PM
Planar Protector

oh also not sure if my computer can handle dark fall. well see.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anesthia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vanilla wow was the best because it was a piece of shit in a time when everything else was an inferior piece of shit. Go play DF:UW if you want real PvP.
Unholy Wars is soooooooooo bad. You would have more fun punching yourself in the dick till you passed out.