Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 04:13 PM
Fire Giant

If you do get the FTE on SRO AC, make sure and fear kite(if this is your preferred method) him away from the Dark Elf merchants in the tents. They WILL attempt to KS.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:09 PM
Planar Protector

I camped it in SRo on live and on P99.

So there is no PH now? Or the PH is unknown?

As in it can spawn, then presumably depop if unkilled. Or it can skip and nothing spawns?
Old 08-14-2017, 05:38 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

It sounds like you would be a lot better off on P99 Red server sir. Why wait in line when you can wait till they engage sneak up and stab them in the back and then loot your Ring of the Ancients? Or even better go to Rathe Mountains and kill all of the plat farmers that moved there after the latest OOT nerf. I got 6k there yesterday looting Players after I killed them.
Old 08-15-2017, 03:56 AM
Fire Giant

Dont forget the alternative:
http://wiki.project1999.com/Traveler%27s_Boots

Sure, no instant clicky, removing some of the strengths... but it's still a viable alternative for buying sow pots. And it removes the MQ drama.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I camped it in SRo on live and on P99.

So there is no PH now? Or the PH is unknown?

As in it can spawn, then presumably depop if unkilled. Or it can skip and nothing spawns?
I did Sro in the old days before the changes.

Now everyone gathers in anticipation for 9pm to see if he spawns...and if he does, its a shitfest for FTE - need to be lucky and stood in casting/melee range with a short channel spell.

If I have to camp it again I'll do the time in OOT I think. Much easier to do on [removed] fyi
Old 08-15-2017, 06:10 AM
Fire Giant

does no one farm hill giants? or they always all dead
Old 08-15-2017, 08:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish
Now everyone gathers in anticipation for 9pm to see if he spawns...and if he does, its a shitfest for FTE - need to be lucky and stood in casting/melee range with a short channel spell.
Wow, that seems really, really dumb. I wonder why the non-classic change that creates opportunities for drama and douche-bagery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostCause [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
does no one farm hill giants? or they always all dead
In Rathe Mnts? I bet its almost busy, especially since the Seafury Cyclops drop nerf.
Last edited by Raavak; 08-15-2017 at 08:35 AM..
Old 08-15-2017, 11:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonyeGway [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're high enough level try to farm a goblin gazughi ring. Should sell high enough to fund your jboots. Took me like 5 hours to farm one but I've seen people get lucky and get it within the first hour.
This right here, obtainable easily in the 30's. One of the few items that will often be traded straight up for jboots.
Old 08-21-2017, 09:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Explain how you think the ancient cyclops worked on live.
According to Prathun-Dev:
There's one spawn in South Ro with a 30.66666666 minute repop time that has a 10% chance of being the ancient cyclops, but he has to spawn at night. He's on the same spawn table with a_desert_madman, a_dervish_cutthroat, a_sand_giant, and a_mummy.
Truth is stranger than fiction:
ENCOUNTER_DESCRIPTION SROHusamAncientNightfall
MONSTER_1_NAME a_desert_madman
MONSTER_1_NIGHT_NAME an_ancient_cyclops
MONSTER_1_PERCENT 10
MONSTER_2_NAME a_sand_giant
MONSTER_2_NIGHT_NAME a_mummy
MONSTER_2_PERCENT 20
MONSTER_3_NAME a_sand_giant
MONSTER_3_PERCENT 10
MONSTER_4_NAME a_dervish_cutthroat
MONSTER_4_PERCENT 30
MONSTER_5_NAME a_desert_madman
MONSTER_5_PERCENT 30

AC didn't spawn only in the one spot though, I camped him repeatedly on FV (the ring was droppable on FV) for my guild members. He could spawn like Pyzjn in a number of places.

It was definite not just between 9pm - 10pm.

Also because the exact PH's and timing was never known, it was always a mystery in original EQ the timings and ph's should probably be changed so they're unknown again. Some would argue its not classic if the technical mechanics are different but its even less classic if the technical aspects are identical now they're known. The classic part of the South Ro AC was that it was a mystery.
Last edited by Ikon; 08-21-2017 at 09:37 PM..
Old 09-27-2017, 06:00 PM
Fire Giant

I am a casual scum player and I, too, had the same repugnance over my options at ever getting Jboots OP.

On my wizard I thought that this was a very necessary item so one morning I tried and see how hard the infamous quest really was.

7kpp is out of my league. I never have this much pesos, and if I do I have many other things I need to buy before a Jboots MQ. Also, like yourself, I don't really like the concept of buying an MQ.

I had to choose between Sro and OoT myself. Spending 10 hours on an island in OoT didn't sound like fun so I logged in my lvl 53 druid and tried my chance at Sro.

Don't.

Sro AC is a crazy camp. You have between 4 to 12 druids popping in exactly at 9:25 in-game, at 9:30 precisely they (we) all hit Track, and if the first name on top is AC we hope we're closest to it and we run, then trying to cast level 1 DD to FTE it...

Long story short; you will not win that race.
Some druids are just master at Sro AC hunting, and you are a casual scum like me, this ennemy is stronger than you.

So I took the boat.

My IRL best friend is also on a wizard, and was thinking about farming Jboots with me as well. He doesn't have a druid to try Sro, so OoT seemed more natural to both of us.

Woke up early on a weekday, and the AC in OoT wasn't camped.
My friend started farming it, I helped him kill faster and every day at 9:30 I was still trying my luck in Sro, bound on the island to then come back.

It took my friend seven hours to get his ring, then it was my turn, and I got mine in 26 minutes. We went to Nektulos, got the two shadowed Rapier in under 5 minutes. Withdrew 3250gp from the bank and went to Rathe Mtns.

Hasten wasn't up, and some Sro AC Hunter was already there trying to have it spawn. Took about 2 PHs and Hasten was up. My friend logged his wizard and I did the MQ on my druid for him, then I logged my wizard and he did the MQ for me on his necro (level 53 as well).

All in all, it did take us a full day to make it.

But honestly? It is not worth 7kpp. It is very doable, even for casual scum like us [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And the Sro camp is completely crazy, I really don't think you want to get into that game.

You will have to spend a full day off on it, prepare some side activity like Netflix, Reading or whatever kicks you, but get to OoT and just do it, it is not that long/hard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Good luck! It was a very satisfying moment to quest it and get them boots on my Wizard, I never thought I could ever get such an item in my EQ life hehe.
Closed Thread