Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 06:19 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default New Player - Where do I begin?

Been out of the game since classic Everquest back in the day, never had a chance to play Kunark. I am currently installing the game and would like to plan out a bit of my adventure. I'm going to be playing an Iksar Shaman or Iksar Monk, leaning towards Monk so a lot of my time is going to be spent on a continent I've never seen before. So what are your suggestions?

What places are must see?

Is it feasible to go 1-60 on Kunark alone? I'm aware that its possible, but either route I go id like to group with some folks at some point. Are there enough people still playing in Kunark with Velious being out there?

Any guilds out there? This is a social game - it gets lonely soloing all of the time.

I've been reading some of the guides and have found a lot of answers already but would like some input from the current state of the game. Keep in mind I haven't played this game for something like 17 years.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:16 AM
Aviak

Look us up in Legends. We will help where we can. Micro guild, awesome people.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unaleyas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it feasible to go 1-60 on Kunark alone?
I won't speak for Shamans (though to my understanding they're a great solo class) but you absolutely can get to at least 50 solo as a Monk.

Work your way through Field of Bone until you hit 10, then do Kurns to 15-20, then head to Warslik's to 30 and yadda yadda yadda.
Quote:
I'm aware that its possible, but either route I go id like to group with some folks at some point. Are there enough people still playing in Kunark with Velious being out there?
Yup
Old 08-14-2017, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

I rolled a barbarian shaman with the plan to do 1-60 in everfrost and permafrost alone.

Can only visit those two zones and Halas.

It's a back burner project, only 25 so far, but basically a full set of banded crafted!
Old 08-14-2017, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I rolled a barbarian shaman with the plan to do 1-60 in everfrost and permafrost alone.

Can only visit those two zones and Halas.

It's a back burner project, only 25 so far, but basically a full set of banded crafted!
Proof you are a masochist.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

EVERY NEW PLAYER SHOULD START HERE
https://wiki.project1999.com/

Then add lhancelot to your ignore list.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:42 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome to our slice of the Internet. Enjoy it, but don't fall down the rabbit hole.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 08-14-2017, 11:08 PM
Sarnak

I strongly, STRONGLY suggest that since you plan on Iksar Monk (best class ever!) that you watch the Youtube series Everquest Classic Adventures by Reptox, an Australian player who documented his travels.

Here is the first episode
It starts off slow, but after about 3 episodes he really gets great at telling a story and taking you on an epic journey. I was a completely new player when I saw these videos and they are what made me try P99 for the first time. I cannot stress just how much information and help I learned from these videos.

(Just a word of warning, he does change youtube accounts about halfway through the series. The series continues on the new account with this video)
Old 08-15-2017, 03:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I strongly, STRONGLY suggest that since you plan on Iksar Monk (best class ever!) that you watch the Youtube series Everquest Classic Adventures by Reptox, an Australian player who documented his travels.

Here is the first episode
It starts off slow, but after about 3 episodes he really gets great at telling a story and taking you on an epic journey. I was a completely new player when I saw these videos and they are what made me try P99 for the first time. I cannot stress just how much information and help I learned from these videos.

(Just a word of warning, he does change youtube accounts about halfway through the series. The series continues on the new account with this video)
These could be a good watch! Bookmarked, ty sir ^^
Old 08-15-2017, 01:06 PM
Fire Giant

Learn how to sneak vendor, and learn how to FD bank. Sneaking around/training guards in cities or using invis rings to navigate around as an iksar is a must pretty much. You'll eventually get good enough to where you know where all guards are spawned/pathing and be able to completely avoid them in some cities where that's possible (most cities always have 2 front guards though so it has to be after you flop past them).

Alternatively you can figure out how to use sewers in freeport to navigate around underground. I suggest staying in Kunark til 30-35 though. FoB > Kurns > WW Giants > Sarnak Fort > FM Giants.
Closed Thread