Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 01:23 PM
Banned

Don't try to grind plat when you could just be leveling at least in the mid levels imo.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't try to grind plat when you could just be leveling at least in the mid levels imo.
agreed, i recently met a young level 52 ranger who had fungi, epic, yadda yadda... and I was like "wow who's your main?" and he said

"This is my main?"

and I said [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Apparently he bought it from plat earnings from Goblin Gazhugi rings. That's some SERIOUS yikes. he coulda hit 60 and joined a raid guild and gotten all that junk easily.

Just be smart about where you exp, ask around and always hit the zones that have valuable droppables. Bone chips, spider silk, bronze weps, HQ ore, crafting mats, it all adds up... but most importantly you're exping. As long as you're pocketing a little plat every level ur doin fine.

tl;dr New Players should Begin at Character Select
Old 08-15-2017, 07:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
agreed, i recently met a young level 52 ranger who had fungi, epic, yadda yadda... and I was like "wow who's your main?" and he said

"This is my main?"

Apparently he bought it from plat earnings from Goblin Gazhugi rings. That's some SERIOUS yikes. he coulda hit 60 and joined a raid guild and gotten all that junk easily.

Just be smart about where you exp, ask around and always hit the zones that have valuable droppables. Bone chips, spider silk, bronze weps, HQ ore, crafting mats, it all adds up... but most importantly you're exping. As long as you're pocketing a little plat every level ur doin fine.

These words are excellent advice. So many people get caught on the hangup that you need to have the best gear to progress and it's absolutely not true. They grind themselves out on platinum and burn out because they're not leveling and having a good time. Never lose focus that you can always farm more money at a higher level.

However, I am one of the people who really does love farming stuff. I enjoy building my character and gearing it more than I do playing it, to be honest. I mean, the first thing I did as a new player was farm 1000 spiderling silk in the Bonebiter warren cave outside Cabilis, and that sure was a grind. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

@Skarlorn gives excellent advice when suggesting to level in areas that have lucrative drops. Now, lucrative means different things at different character levels, but being able to sell bronze weapons for like 1-3 platinum each at level 13 is amazing money for that level.

Another good item to watch out for is Lightstones and Greater Lightstones from those little willowisps. You can hand them in for 1 and 10 platinum each respectively. It's such good money that often high levels will farm them, grabbing up all the willowisps in an area.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"This is my main?"

60 is where characters go to die, the fun is in the journey... I back the guy for taking his time, particularly on a ranger.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:28 AM
Sarnak

I always see people recommending you horde bone chips and spider silks but wow is it ever hard to actually unload those nowadays.

"But Sonark, I know like 100 people in this game and can always find buyers!"

Yes

"Silly Sonark, you just have to spend 12 hours a day in EC tunnel for a few weeks and you'll be fine."

Yes
Old 08-16-2017, 04:31 AM
Fire Giant

I wonder which single zone it is possible to level 1-60 in.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
60 is where characters go to die, the fun is in the journey... I back the guy for taking his time, particularly on a ranger.
Agreed. Much more enjoyable to be casual filth sometimes. I do have to question someone's sanity if they are doing that particular camp hours on end though.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Amen. I always put it this way: at level 30 you can farm what, tens of plat per hour? At level 50+ you can farm hundreds (if not 1k+) an hour. But if you're leveling your leveling rate is (prety much) the same regardless of gear. With a few exceptions (eg. goblin ring or fungi) it won't matter what your gear is: whether you have 1k AC or 2k AC you're going to kill mobs at pretty much the same rate.

So you can spend (say) ten hours farming plat to get maybe 500 plat, or you can spend that time leveling up, and when you get higher you can earn that same amount of plat in a single hour (ie. an order of magnitude more efficiently).

There are totally legit reasons to focus on plat over leveling anyway (eg. to delay leveling up, or to get an affordable item like the goblin ring which you know will increase your leveling speed), but in general if you're trying to get the "best" character in the shortest amount of time you should devote that time to leveling.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 08-16-2017 at 01:21 PM..
Old 08-16-2017, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder which single zone it is possible to level 1-60 in.
Maybe Everfrost? It's got a newbie area on one end, but it also has ice giants and barbarian guards on the other, and it has stuff like mammoths in-between. However, there are probably some gaps that would make it hard if not impossible to level all the way there.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe Everfrost? It's got a newbie area on one end, but it also has ice giants and barbarian guards on the other, and it has stuff like mammoths in-between. However, there are probably some gaps that would make it hard if not impossible to level all the way there.
Lake of Ill Omen would be close I think - although I'm not sure if the Chancellor gives xp to a 59. I vaguely recall him being high green (xp) when I killed him at 56-57. There's a wide variety in between. Maybe some of the Cabilis guards, if they're not super buffed?

-Mcoy
Closed Thread