Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 04:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakaton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, I won't.

But thanks for the insults folks. It helped me make up my mind not to play on the server.
You were already quitting, remember. Quit trying to justify it in public.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by L2Phantom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You were already quitting, remember. Quit trying to justify it in public.
If his skin is really that thin, and he takes so much exception to actually having to play the game instead of having others play it for him, then he should definitely quit. But he won't. He's as addicted to complaining about nothing publicly as he is to online gaming.
Last edited by eqdruid76; 05-29-2010 at 07:57 PM..
Old 05-29-2010, 06:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakaton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm probably done. Unless you're into /auctioning in EC tunnel the server is pretty silent and dull without global /ooc.
Gimme your items
Old 05-29-2010, 11:38 PM
Skeleton

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-30-2010, 01:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winkledu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having said that, I could really do without the GMs resizing players at the tunnel entrance. That is as equally un-classic as serverwide chat, and kind of annoying for everyone over 11 years of age.
In fact GM events are quite classic. When the game went to Sony the events got less. Why it would annoy you is beyond me. It is no buff, no benefit, nothing but a plain illusion. People had fun there, and i am quite confident most of them have been way over 11 years old.

Quote:
/shrug on the one hand, I'm glad the GMs are actually involved with the server....so much more than the ones on live ever were. On the other, kind of hard to see much with a giant snow orc corpse covering the docks in Oasis, eh? Eh comrades?
Quite impossible, since a snow orc is not a global model and is not available in oasis.
Last edited by Cyrius; 05-30-2010 at 01:42 AM..
Old 05-30-2010, 02:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In fact GM events are quite classic. When the game went to Sony the events got less. Why it would annoy you is beyond me. It is no buff, no benefit, nothing but a plain illusion. People had fun there, and i am quite confident most of them have been way over 11 years old..

Aye, but they weren't throwing advanced post-PoP illusions in classic, now were they? And they certainly weren't resizing players to zone-crashing heights. And there is a big difference between a "GM Event" and casting illusions and resizing players, which never once happened in any GM even I ever witnessed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quite impossible, since a snow orc is not a global model and is not available in oasis.
I don't like to gainsay guides, but that is simply not true. Orc models are certainly available in Oasis, and there are four different textures to choose from, including snow orc. And everyone standing at the dock that day will vouch for that.
Last edited by eqdruid76; 05-30-2010 at 02:03 AM..
Old 05-30-2010, 02:00 AM
Banned

Sigh, did Tralina get illusion buffed in EC tunnel again?

More serverwidechat plzkthx.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:20 AM
Planar Protector

One thing I've noticed that's different now that there's no server-wide chat:

(...)

So stop complaining about it being gone.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:28 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqdruid76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aye, but they weren't throwing advanced post-PoP illusions in classic, now were they? And they certainly weren't resizing players to zone-crashing heights. And there is a big difference between a "GM Event" and casting illusions and resizing players, which never once happened in any GM even I ever witnessed.
Wich is true, and i appologize. I only used non classic models once, since people seemed to have fun. I thought the goal of a game was to have fun, right? Oh no wait, maybe i am mistaken. Continue.

Quote:
I don't like to gainsay guides, but that is simply not true. Orc models are certainly available in Oasis, and there are four different textures to choose from, including snow orc. And everyone standing at the dock that day will vouch for that.

It is partly true. There is a "white" texture set for the orc in oasis (left picture). But as you can see it is not the snow orc model (right picture). Of course it looks similiar, i can also assure you it was not me turning someone into a white orc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fedgdfg.jpg (14.4 KB, 59 views)
Old 05-30-2010, 02:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Wich is true, and i appologize. I only used non classic models once, since people seemed to have fun. I thought the goal of a game was to have fun, right? Oh no wait, maybe i am mistaken. Continue.
We can have tons of fun without being changed into 200 foot tall guktans. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you guys are interactive with the community in-game, and I appreciate what you do.

Quote:
It is partly true. There is a "white" texture set for the orc in oasis (left picture). But as you can see it is not the snow orc model (right picture). Of course it looks similiar, i can also assure you it was not me turning someone into a white orc.
The orc on the right is a Velious model. The one on the left is a classic EQ snow orc.
Last edited by eqdruid76; 05-30-2010 at 02:40 AM..
Closed Thread