Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 04:31 PM
Fire Giant

Well, firstly, thank you to everyone for the answers (except the trolls)

I'm not interested in being loved (yes I am), I just want to play something other than the most popular, and I'd like to be sought after for groups, as Dazik said.

I'm planning to keep playing my Enc, but want to roll something other than him, as a secondary. Just always how i've been. I guess i'm going between Warrior, Bard, SK, and Paladin, and just can't put my finger on which one I'm going to go with.

Asher
Old 02-13-2014, 10:41 PM
Planar Protector

iksar shadowknight. no trollin
Old 02-14-2014, 04:11 PM
Fire Giant

I've got it narrowed down to Pal and Bard. After getting myself back into the game for a couple of days, and looking over numbers of players of each class, at dif level ranges, I'd say Bard and Paladin, are the two least common, of the classes i'm really interested in. Now just can't figure out which one of the two I'm gonna dive into.

There seem to be literally no paladins playing, why is that?

Asher
Old 02-14-2014, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Paladins just have no real DPS on here. So it is really tough soloing and finding a group is hard because of their Hybrid XP penalty and low DPS.

But pretty neat playing a underdog class at times.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:37 PM
Aviak

Paladins get a bad rap but they're pretty great split tanks and hold aggro just about as well as SK on a raid. Great for duoing with too as SK or Shaman (can't speak for other classes, never played them high enough).
Old 02-15-2014, 12:37 AM
Banned

From my experience paladins have better aggro capabilities than SK's. Maybe at higher lvl's it changes but I was in MM recently on my paladin (lvl 20) with a bard and a SK in my group (what a great group right?) and they could not peel aggro off me. And I was telling them to try so I could see what the outcome would be.

GFG + Flash of Light = massive amounts of aggro.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:48 AM
Planar Protector

At low levels Paladins can sustain higher aggro if they want to because Disease Cloud has a 6 second cooldown and Flash of Light doesn't.

At the very high end, when I (SK) went up against a Paladin we simply ping-ponged the target as quickly as we could cast our spells. Aggro was dead even for all intents and purposes, at least no group would ever notice the difference.

Danth
Old 02-15-2014, 08:22 AM
Kobold

Both paladins and sk have great aggro. They make incredible tanks from 20 to 50 specially if twinked (since you won't need enchanter when everything is tanked).

After warrior start having level for good procs they fall back in wantability. Even more paladins who can't fd pull or snare.
Of course good paladin will be always better than bad warrior.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

Keeping agro has a LOT to do with what weapon you have also. You are not going to keep agro with a Orc Pick. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread