Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 03:29 PM
Banned

people still think Doors isn't a troll? cute
Old 11-24-2011, 03:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think its time to stop half assing project 1999's attempts to emulate classic. If you're going to go all out, stop cherry picking features and actually do it.

Get rid of item linking. NOT CLASSIC.
Get rid of new era meditate. NOT CLASSIC.

While you're at it people should also be nameless while in skeleton form. As it currently stands, NOT CLASSIC.
---

If you disagree with my suggestions, EZ server ---------------> that way. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
Bottom line is, theres two main reasons these things are not implemented yet. One is these are very minor things in comparison to the other 100 major things that do not work so they are not important at the moment and two the devs try to think in the best interest of it's players so that big spell book in your face is something hardly anyone ever enjoyed, plus it would require the classic ui to do so which would be a whole lot of work. I for one loved the classic ui and will untill the day I die, really wish it was here but I am a huge nostalgia freak and realize that not everyone is.
Old 11-24-2011, 04:07 PM
Sarnak

Players showering and having a life outside the game: NOT CLASSIC
Old 11-24-2011, 05:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
If you disagree with my suggestions, EZ server ---------------> that way. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
Go then ..
Old 11-25-2011, 03:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait, what?
There was some thread on the whole map thing a bit back yesterday and I'm too tired to look it up atm.. just got done standing in black friday sale line to get new laptop.

Here i did find this quote with search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This won't solve all your travel issues but it sure helps for finding your way around in zones like SolA.

EQ GPS
http://www.wix.com/klatheq/eqgps

It's a log parser that watches for /loc entries in your characters log file and then plots them on an image of the map of the zone you're in.

There is a discussion about whether a log-parser based approach to mapping logged /locs constitutes a violation of the server rules in this thread.

Here's what it looks like with a /loc from the EC tunnel:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its a link to the thing they were talking about. It sounded like a fair number of people use that tho from what I was reading.

Well good night and see you later

edit: and derp.. seen the link to the thread in the quote.. so there you have it lol
Old 11-25-2011, 09:41 PM
Large Bat

If you would like it to be more classic, you can send me 10 bucks a month [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread