Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 10:11 PM
Planar Protector

Default Aaryonar

Think this was reported months ago but it might have just been to Alunova at the time.

Anyways, Aaryonar is still gating. This mob wouldn't attempt to gate on live.

It's also not using the "fake" AE.
Last edited by Byrjun; 12-15-2014 at 10:15 PM..
Old 12-15-2014, 10:27 PM
Fire Giant

Another observation which appears to be odd:

1) Let Cloud of Disempowerment over-write C2 (in my case I left it in my 2nd buff slot).
2) Gate/zone (not via death - in my case click thurg stick)

C2 was back in my second slot and the Cloud of Disempowerment debuff was in the next available buff slot much further down the list.

Client bug? or?
Last edited by Snackies; 12-15-2014 at 10:27 PM.. Reason: i suck @ spelling
Old 12-15-2014, 10:34 PM
Kobold

Aaryonar Abilities
Cloud of Disempowerment AE (Dot)
Magic Resist Check (-150)
Range from Target 250
Decrease Mana by 500 per tick
Decrease Hitpoints by 50 per tick
Decrease ATK by 200
Side Effect: Fake Mana drain on Casters hiding behind the wall. Use an Insta (or with time & duck) clickie to get Mana Bar back.

Source: http://www.eqvintage.com/raid-strats/aaryonar/

Quote:
Aaryonar
DBable. Slowable. Aaryonar casts an AE mana drain DoT. This means that if a caster is hit by the DoT, they will quickly lose all of their mana (the DoT is about 500 mana per tick, which will drain casters very fast). If a caster gets hit by the DoT, even once, they will lose all their mana and will essentially be useless. Aaryonar also has a fake AE that will hit everyone, no matter where they are standing. The fake AE will show your mana bar dropping even though you arent actually losing mana. Click on an insta-click item (even if the spell can only be cast outdoors, like Jboots) and your mana bar will be updated with your correct amount of mana. The best place for the casters to hide is around the corner, on the stairs. This presents another problemthe casters have to stand where the chicks spawn. When anyone needs a heal, they must disengage and come around the corner and the clerics will heal them. If you get to about half hp, GET OUT OF THE FIGHT AND AE - and wait for a heal and be sure not to train the casters.
Also Cloud of Disempowerment is currently on a 15-20 second timer, classic posts suggest this should be more around 10-12 seconds per cast

[Mon Dec 15 19:08:07 2014] You feel your skin freeze.
[Mon Dec 15 19:08:28 2014] You feel your skin freeze.
[Mon Dec 15 19:08:43 2014] You feel your skin freeze.
[Mon Dec 15 19:08:59 2014] You feel your skin freeze.

Effect Cloud of Disempowerment (AE DoT, 10ticks)
50dmg x10, Mana 500dmg x10, ATK-200
Recast: 12s, Resist: Magic(-150), Range: 250

Quote:
roasted Reply... By: Anonymous
Posted @ Sat, Dec 22nd 3:46 PM 2001 Score: Decent[2.50]
this guys is cake if you have a person calling out his AoE, He casts it every 10 seconds... main tank must shout that his AoE has been casted then casters run out cast then run behind a wall again. Entire Ntov was cleared in a few hours on Tallon
Source:http://web.archive.org/web/200212152....shtml?id=6457
Last edited by Method; 12-15-2014 at 11:27 PM..
Old 12-15-2014, 10:43 PM
Fire Giant

In my example the AE that hit me was indeed because I was in his line of sight.

Sitting behind the wall I was not affected or saw a the "fake" AE debuff/message.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyways, Aaryonar is still gating. This mob wouldn't attempt to gate on live.
Byrjun is correct. Aaryonar did not gate on live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
You don't seem to get the fact that we've wanted to let you walk quietly but you continue to attempt to troll us to make us look bad to save yourself face or to 'be the bad guy' and make us 'regret' not letting your bipolar ass back on the staff
Old 12-15-2014, 10:55 PM
Developer

The fake portion of the spell would most likely have to be specifically coded. The spell system just doesn't work this way. I could try adding multiple spell components but I do not believe I could separate the LoS components without somehow tying 2 individual spells together. Some cases like this are just not worth the effort or dedicated development time right now, for very little overall game impact, but may become feasible later.
Last edited by Alunova; 12-15-2014 at 10:58 PM..
Old 12-15-2014, 11:28 PM
Fire Giant

no clue what time frame this is from,

http://giline.versus.jp/shiden/monster/tov01.htm
Old 12-15-2014, 11:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alunova [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fake portion of the spell would most likely have to be specifically coded. The spell system just doesn't work this way. I could try adding multiple spell components but I do not believe I could separate the LoS components without somehow tying 2 individual spells together. Some cases like this are just not worth the effort or dedicated development time right now, for very little overall game impact, but may become feasible later.
Only real issue i see with Aaryonar then, he is gating and his AE is on a longer recast timer then it should be, Also slow seemed to land pretty easy on him. For the most part he went down pretty easy for being the gatekeeper of Ntov
Old 12-16-2014, 10:35 AM
Planar Protector

Aaryonar wasn't particularly resistant to slow on live. It's hard to remember exact resist rates back from live, but if I had to guess Aaryonar had maybe a 60% resist rate on live and maybe a 45% resist rate here.

However, that's still worthless information for a comparison. What MR debuffs was she usually getting hit with when I raided her back in classic? Who knows. We used Malo/Tash/OOS on beta, maybe we weren't OOSing her back on live. Maybe we were.

If anything maybe Aaryonar's MR should be adjusted ever so slightly upwards. Or maybe it's dead on accurate. At the very least, it's close to what I remember from live.

It's really hard to speculate how accurate the resists are without pumping out a bunch of data with identical variables on both live and p99 beta.

But yeah, that gate needs to be removed. Same with Eashen and any other NToV dragon that may still be able to gate that we haven't gotten to yet. I raided NToV a lot and never remember a single instance of a mob gating, nor was it ever even discussed as a possibility.
Last edited by Byrjun; 12-16-2014 at 10:39 AM..
Old 12-16-2014, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Did some research on Vyemm and Aaryonar a while back. It seems like it was a client bug on both of them and you could counteract the AE effects when out of LoS by filtering spell effects or using a clickie to force client/server update.

http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10911 (Pre-Luclin discussion)

Quote:
One thing that is very important on the fight vs Vyemm and also vs Aaryonar is that their AEs are bugged. Vyemm's ae will still knock you back when you resists, and Aaryonar's will still drain your mana, even if you are out of LoS of them. The fix for the bug currently is to turn serverfilter on and NPC spells off. It keeps your client from actually seeing the spell cast unless you are actually in the AE and don't resists, then it still has full effect.
On Aaryonar, if you don't have serverfilter on or NPC spells off, and are out of LoS of him and get effected by the AE, your mana isn't actually drained. Its a client side bug, if you chain activate an instacast item to force an update with the server, you will see your manabar go up. Hope that helps.
Quote:
There is a bug that causes you to be knocked back even when you resist or are out of line of sight and don't even get hit by the AE. If you turn your serverfilter on and NPC spells off, you will not get knocked back if you resist the ae or are out of line of sight. You will still take the full effect of the AE if you are in line of sight and don't resist though.
Closed Thread