Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 01:17 AM
Banned

Default Necro raid viability

Hey guys. I'm relatively new to the community. Just recently started up on P99 and made a DE Necro currently lvl 14. My question to you guys is how viable are necros at the endgame/raiding scene? I've been told they're pretty much useless for raiding. Only really good for spamming mana battery on healers. Is this true or someone exaggerating? If this is true. What class would you guys recommend that's able to solo relatively well but is still desired for raiding at lvl 60? I play quite a bit during the day while at work and not many people are online the same time as me. So if I don't play a class that's able to solo decently I'll never hit 60. But at the same time I don't want to hit 60 and have no raid guilds interested in me either. Any advice would be really appreciated! Thanks in advance [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Times like these I wish I had high lvl friends to PL me :P
Old 01-17-2013, 01:29 AM
Kobold

Well, if this is anything like back in the day Necros are amazing in raids due to their high and consistent DPS in longer fights. Small group viability has always been a little lacking as their damage in short fights is very low. Twitching was always a necessary job as a Necro but I had it mastered where I could twitch while maintaining my DoTs.

I loved my Necro back in the day as I always had a spot in raids and in my off time I could solo pretty much anything (which is great for twinking alts!).
Old 01-17-2013, 01:43 AM
Planar Protector

Necro's are a utility class on raids.

They have a place in raids for sure.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk View Post
gotrocks community savior
Old 01-17-2013, 02:20 AM
Planar Protector

Part of the problem necros have is the mindboggling nerf of all lifetaps last summer owing to the ivandyr's hoop idiocy where 40 knuckledraggers would just hoop a dragon down (32000/(150x5). I still have no idea why they didn't just fix the hoop (change cast time to 20s or whatever, or even just remove the effect) rather than nerfing all lifetaps. I'm told the Scimitar of Lifestealing doesn't even proc in VP because the spell is just disabled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 01-17-2013, 02:26 AM
Aviak

twitch plz
Old 01-17-2013, 03:46 AM
Planar Protector

The only high level dungeon necros can't do enormous amounts of DPS in is chardok. If you think necros are bad in small group settings you have never grouped with a good necro. Also, sky is the only planar raid where necros can't charm.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:37 AM
Fire Giant

Necros also bring a reqired buff DMF to certain raids.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:16 PM
Sarnak

Necros are excellent dps on longer fights. They're wipe protection since they can feign and rez. With their harmshields, they can make it through dangerous places, feign, and rez for tactical setups, ie getting a coh Mage planted in sleepers. They can heal themselves on AE fights via life sucking nukes and dots. They can help keep cleric CH wheels going on and on, which comes into play when you have wheels needing to last 10-40minutes depending on the fights in velious.

They're also amazing soloers. So yes, necros are viable.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

you most likely won't be casting on any targets as a necro on p99 (there are like 2 or 3 iirc that you can tap)

However, there are many other things necros are good for. twitching, buffs, pulling, training, counter training, corpse retrieval, reviving clerics, charm dps, healing, etc.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Part of the problem necros have is the mindboggling nerf of all lifetaps last summer owing to the ivandyr's hoop idiocy where 40 knuckledraggers would just hoop a dragon down (32000/(150x5). I still have no idea why they didn't just fix the hoop (change cast time to 20s or whatever, or even just remove the effect) rather than nerfing all lifetaps. I'm told the Scimitar of Lifestealing doesn't even proc in VP because the spell is just disabled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really don't understand the logic behind this decision, either.

Why nerf a core (essential, really) class ability instead of a single item?

It would be like if an item gave a charge of FD that people were using to train, so FD was nerfed across the board.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread