Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 06:14 PM
Kobold

Default Haven't played in ages... are there still pathing problems?

I cant remember if I played this year or last year (been a real crazy year in RL), anyhow, a few friends and I are considering coming back to P99 to play on the new Red server and we were curious if pathing bugs have been fixed? We distinctly remember some horrid pathing in the higher level dungeons like kedge/lguk to name a few where mobs would appear out of no where, randomly disappear and pull whole zone, etc.

Do those things still happen? I can't remember if I heard the pathing wasn't fixable or what.

Anyhow, thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Kobold

There's a thread in the PvP Bugs section that was made today regarding wonky pathing in LGuk, but the main problem there was mob invincibility rather than the whole zone being trained.

I don't like empty character slots that much.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:53 AM
Kobold

Oh, I assumed the pathing would be the same on both servers... Does pathing seem fine on the blue server now at least?
Old 11-03-2011, 11:55 AM
Fire Giant

there's problems pathing still on the blue server. i can think of two specific examples of mobs that path through walls in uguk just off the top of my head. there's problems in every dungeon, the less frequented ones tend to have it worse.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Aviak

yeah LGuk still has massive pathing issues.. mobs and your own pets fall through the walls and bring some awesome trains!
Old 11-03-2011, 03:12 PM
Kobold

Mobs walk through walls in Befallen too, disappear for like 10 - 15 minutes and then magically show back up at the worst time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-03-2011, 03:19 PM
Sarnak

speaking of pathing issues. i spend alot of time in crushbone. and theres this ledge that if you go up or down it the mobs will turn around and run all the way around the map to get you. brining a MASSIVE train with it. and as funny as that is, people get killled lol.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:24 PM
Fire Giant

I have had some pathing issue myself, but this post makes the server seem really grim..its not that bad hehe. I think leveling from 1 to 60 ive had maybe 1 or 2 bad experiences with pathing where it killed me or slowed me down. Other then that I have not had anything too outragous. But then again thats just me
Old 11-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have had some pathing issue myself, but this post makes the server seem really grim..its not that bad hehe. I think leveling from 1 to 60 ive had maybe 1 or 2 bad experiences with pathing where it killed me or slowed me down. Other then that I have not had anything too outragous. But then again thats just me
just walk through the double doors in paw and wait about 30 seconds. 100% reproducible cataclysmic ubertrain, right there. bonus points if you run back to the entrance and wait for the mobs to start teleporting to you.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Kobold

lol, dang - I was worried about that. I think the pathing is indeed not fixable then. I checked and its been 1.5 years since I played and these cases all sound familiar hehe.

It's not a deal breaker by any means, but its good to know anyway!
Closed Thread