Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 10:51 AM
Fire Giant

Default Belabor <Disciples of the Gods>

Prologue...

2. Just because you know the timer a mob's spawn does NOT mean you are entitled to the camp. Examples include Ishva mal, Estrella, and Undertow. I have seen too many threads about ishva mal in particular where there is a person there at the camp and someone comes and either KS's the spawn or charms the mob to bring it somewhere else etc claiming it was theirs due to it being on timer. If you are trying to timer a spawn and you arrive and someone else is there, too bad, you should have been there earlier.

Our story begins in the Lair of the Splitpaw, well not begins really, but perhaps continues. As of late, I find myself idling through the game, and took up camping Hadden for the earring, and decided I would like a Summon Corpse spell for my necromancer alt, and perhaps a robe, for my Magician alt as well. I should also say, forgive it for being wordy, but the usual drivel of OMG WYF KS NOOB or whatever else is placed here is not my style.

I have sat there, there being the Ishva Mal camp, on 3 seperate occasions on this server, with the most recent being this morning. I have encountered several farmers, and a few campers in my adventures there, Beauregard, Callous, Skelemancer, Dwanden, and a player named Belabor. It is to this player to which this post pertains, and the reason it lies here in this section of the forums.

I first encountered Belabor several days ago, as I went to check on Ishva camp, and found her sitting there along with another player or 2 in the room. I asked if it was camped, and Belabor said something to the effect of, "Yes, I have been farming it for weeks trying to get the robe." Now, that could be true, but we all know farmers.. it could also have easily meant she just wanted another robe, or just a defensive statement to avoid the illusion of hey I'm not greedy, just bad luck with the robe!

I digress. I cannot speculate on what is true, or pass judgement, at least... until now perhaps. So it is late Friday night, I cannot sleep, so I run to Ishva Mal and find it uncamped. I would say there is about 7 hours until he spawns, so I set up in the corner of the room on my 50 Magician, and load up Stronghold Kingdoms in the background, and youtube. The hours pass uneventfully, as you can relax in a corner, and not aggro the one room spawn. That is until....

Approximately 2 hours before the Ishva Mal is due, this player named Belabor arrives. I might add, wearing the robe dropped from Ishva. And instantly asks, "Why aren't you keeping the room clear?" Now, we all know what she really means. It is merely a set-up at an attempt of EQ lawyering, in an effort to justify taking the camp, or at least justify a camp dispute. You see these Farmers will say, "If you are camping Ishva Mal, you must clear all these mobs nearby." Or, as she so eloquently put it, "I am hunting gnoll whips, and since you aren't killing these, I will." Pretty transparent, eh?

So I let her know that I am on to her ruse, and send this little piece of what I believed to be pretty good logic. "There are plenty of gnolls not in this room in this zone you could hunt. If your intent was really to hunt whips, you would not choose this exact room at this specific time. There is nothing here, besides the Ishva Mal of note, no reason to 'hunt here' as it were." The reply? "You will not be affected." She then proceeds to summon a pet, and she FDs on the spawn point of the Ishva Mal.

Now it is obvious to anyone with half a brain who simply isn't an ass, or wants to be argumentative what she is doing, or potentially prepared to do.
Now in my mind already we have a clear case of someone not abiding by any kind of play nice policy, being completely rude and discourteous, and basically creating a situation where all sorts of things could happen, drama, for no reason other then they are greedy.

This EXACT situation is covered here in the Camps defined post.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2653

It specifically mentions Ishva Mal. If someone else is there, too bad so sad. Move on.

2. Just because you know the timer a mob's spawn does NOT mean you are entitled to the camp. Examples include Ishva mal, Estrella, and Undertow. I have seen too many threads about ishva mal in particular where there is a person there at the camp and someone comes and either KS's the spawn or charms the mob to bring it somewhere else etc claiming it was theirs due to it being on timer. If you are trying to timer a spawn and you arrive and someone else is there, too bad, you should have been there earlier.

I think that covers it, but here I am, in Ishva Mal, with this, as I believe Rogean once called this sort of behavior, "douchebaggery" going on.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:55 AM
Fire Giant

And yes excuse the poor grammar, all the commas, and well. It is late, I am exhausted, but not tired enough to sleep. Content is what I was going for, not a grade in English class.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:15 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tr0d (shaere) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And yes excuse the poor grammar, all the commas, and well. It is late, I am exhausted, but not tired enough to sleep. Content is what I was going for, not a grade in English class.
You can add "also excuse my poor logic".

Hint : what's the best way to know the timer on a fixed repop ?
Old 02-05-2011, 11:36 AM
Fire Giant

I don't follow you. I do know the timer. Why do you think I was sitting there? I think you are trying to say "Well, obviously she is trying to get the spawn timer."

To which I reply. Bullshit. If that was true, the encounter would have started differently. Not the transparent and idiotic approach of "I am here to hunt for gnoll whips."

Oh, and yes I am a regular Ishva farmer just coincidentally happening to be here hunting gnoll whips 2 hours before he pops. The fact I am on his spawn point with pet made, knowing the spawn time because I was the last to kill him...Oh you know what? I am just here to get a timer.

Got more inane drivel?
Old 02-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Sarnak

Shaere, love ya man, but I'll let you know right now what Uthgaard is going to say to you if a situation like this gets petitioned.

"Camping mobs is a privelege, If you AFK at all the camp isnt yours. If you dont clear the camp its not yours. If you dont pray to the Camp gods, say 12832974 hailmary's and circle jerk me in the off time, the camp isn't yours. Failure to comply will result in a gross miscalculation of punishment and probably being banned because Uthgaard does not have time to deal with you."

Dont Afk.
Clear the mobs in the room.
tell everyone else to fuck off.
Thats how you camp Ishva.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Fire Giant

AFK Camping is not an approved method of claiming a spawn. If someone shouts CC, asks if you are camping, yadda yadda ~ then you need to be able to respond that "hey yeah im here, and im camping this" within a resonable time.

'Reasonable' is extremely subjective, I personally prefer to use the time of repops for that zone *such as upper guk, you have around 17 minutes to respond* since there is no rule saying you can not afk between spawns.

But, thats me. Simply put: put there to answer camp checks and keep a stake on your camp -- otherwise you may as well not even be there.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

man why cant everyone stop being giant bitches. Right of might, if you can kill the mob its yours.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

more i think about it this is mega lols. this shit was rarely dealt with on live, here you get a case by case qq thread for mob stealing in fucking crushbone.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:41 PM
Banned

Fuck Belabor.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

afk camping - snooze you lose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread