Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 06:35 AM
Large Bat

If Bayleo calculations are correct, then I have the same problem :

I did myself (SK DE) 20 turn ins (80 braids, should be 160 factions "points") and I'm still apprehensive.

Edit : more turning, updated numbers.
Last edited by Jupiler; 04-13-2011 at 08:31 AM..
Old 04-13-2011, 12:34 PM
Kobold

Other posts on the subject from 2000-2005, all from different posters:

"My 58 sk gnome did some faction raising here for his Worker Sledgemallet quest.

Sk started off as dubious. Took 24 warbraids to get to apprehensive, another 44 to reach indiff and yet another 44 to get to amiable. "

----------

"Troll beastlord worshiping CT it took 23 sets of braids to go from dubious to amiable."

----------

"I am an agnostic monk, and I was already viewed apprehensively at the outpost. I reached indifferent after thirteen turn-ins (fifty-two war braids). After another twelve turn-ins (forty-eight war braids), I became amiable."

----------

"I think I figured it was 10 quests for Indifferent to Amiable,
which is 100 points of faction, so 10 points +VS per 4 war braids"

----------

"When you have gathered 32 STACKS of whips (thats 128 total whips) you can get near the outpost in OT and drink your potion to become a darkelf and have "Apprehensive" base faction as that race."

----------
Old 04-13-2011, 05:09 PM
Aviak

"Troll beastlord worshiping CT it took 23 sets of braids to go from dubious to amiable."

This sounds right. My Iksar BL on Live did 22 sets, using illusion DE, to get the Sledgemallet.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayleo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Other posts on the subject from 2000-2005, all from different posters:

"My 58 sk gnome did some faction raising here for his Worker Sledgemallet quest.

Sk started off as dubious. Took 24 warbraids to get to apprehensive, another 44 to reach indiff and yet another 44 to get to amiable. "

----------

----------

"I am an agnostic monk, and I was already viewed apprehensively at the outpost. I reached indifferent after thirteen turn-ins (fifty-two war braids). After another twelve turn-ins (forty-eight war braids), I became amiable."

----------

"I think I figured it was 10 quests for Indifferent to Amiable,
which is 100 points of faction, so 10 points +VS per 4 war braids"

----------

"When you have gathered 32 STACKS of whips (thats 128 total whips) you can get near the outpost in OT and drink your potion to become a darkelf and have "Apprehensive" base faction as that race."

----------
I have been doing this quest on and off since kunark opened. I killed in KC by mistake (had no idea), and dropped from normal troll cazic shaman faction (apprehensive maybe?) to dubious. I am now climbing out of dubious, but have turned in well over 100 braids, and have not hit apprehensive again. Can't even buy my spells... /sigh I think the numbers must be off for this quest.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:59 AM
Planar Protector

i have to agree, the hits per quest are not high enought ... i did this quite alot on live for various people and it never took this long to get the faction up ... usualy while leveling there and not specificaly hunting for braids you could get to indifferently + in a few hours ...

here i turned in ~50 braids and my faction didnt change ...

PS: f**k killing berserkers as a cleric ...
Old 04-15-2011, 09:18 PM
Kobold

That was the impression I was under. That it wasn't a cakewalk, but it could be done in 1-2 decent grinds. So far it's been well over 30 hours of nonstop killing (I have killed so many of them that I've seen 6 of the earrings drop already, and those are RARE).

Still not even indiff. So I'm going to wait this out, as badly as I want that hammer.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:09 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If Bayleo calculations are correct, then I have the same problem :

I did myself (SK DE) 20 turn ins (80 braids, should be 160 factions "points") and I'm still apprehensive.

Edit : more turning, updated numbers.
DE SK, should require turning in 72 braids, with no other VS faction hits.

Did it. Counted it. That is how it should be. If it is not, then it is not working correctly.

I cannot remember what it calculated out as before. I thought it was 4 faction points per braid, or 16 per turn in. That is from live. Maybe it was only 2 per braid. But DE SK should require 72 braids. That is what I know.

H
Old 04-16-2011, 06:07 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DE SK, should require turning in 72 braids, with no other VS faction hits.
Is this 72 braids from apprehensive to indifferent or from apprehensive to amiably ?
Old 04-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this 72 braids from apprehensive to indifferent or from apprehensive to amiably ?
DE Sk, with no VS faction hits, should take 72 braids to be able to get the mallet. This is how live was, based on my experience of doing the quest.

I do not know how the server currently is written for that quest.

H
Old 04-17-2011, 12:45 PM
Kobold

Had a troll shammy tell me it took him 200 braids to get from late apprehensive to amiable. Most "acceptable" race/diety combinations should be starting at apprehensive.
Closed Thread