Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 12:33 PM
Kobold

Default Sarnak War Braids

So far I've turned in over 200 of the braids, and I'm still at threateningly. Everything I read on the net says this is as insane as it feels. So far I've grinded this quest for 12 straight hours, and I'm not even halfway there. My guise does not help my faction at all, and even with a friend helping me I'm only getting about 20 of these braids per hour.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

I'm guessing you probably aren't agnostic. What is your deity?
Old 04-04-2011, 01:14 PM
Kobold

Quel, and yes, this has resulted in much hair pulling. I know that more than the average grind is required, I'm just checking to see if it is really THIS much. 12 hours and still KOS is insane.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

I was having similar problems getting my Shadowknight to be non-KoS to turn in goblin ears. Despite killing tons of gnolls and orcs in Highpass, even with wolf form I was still KoS due to having a deity. Sadly shadowknights can't be agnostic.

I'm sure somebody here will have an answer for you, until then free bump.

Good luck!
Old 04-04-2011, 02:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayleo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quel, and yes, this has resulted in much hair pulling. I know that more than the average grind is required, I'm just checking to see if it is really THIS much. 12 hours and still KOS is insane.
It took a DE SK around 100 braids and days of killing sarnaks to get faction for OT hammer. I don't know what his deity was though and if it was faceless I am guessing it would be easier for him then others.

Carsomyr - 55 Pally - Retired
Thalon - 49 Rogue - Temporarily Benched
Contagious - Necro - 30's and climbing
Lights - 55 Wiz - Occasional Murderer
Old 04-04-2011, 08:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayleo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So far I've turned in over 200 of the braids, and I'm still at threateningly. Everything I read on the net says this is as insane as it feels. So far I've grinded this quest for 12 straight hours, and I'm not even halfway there. My guise does not help my faction at all, and even with a friend helping me I'm only getting about 20 of these braids per hour.
IMO, Berserkers are a lot more rare on this server than on live. I don't remember any caster sarnaks wandering on live. It should just be Knights and Berserkers. This is probably why.

IIRC, from Appre to Amiable it was 80 braids on live. If you are started KoS it will be a long climb.

Asher
Old 04-04-2011, 08:08 PM
Planar Protector

Just did a run through OT tracking found 1 berzerker.

Killed waited 20min ran through again, only 1 berzerker again.

Is there only 1 spawn of them in zone or did I just come at a bad time wehn groups weren't clearing PHers.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:57 PM
Kobold

Naw. That's the biggest part of the problem for me. Reading Allakazham, people are saying they pick up 40-50 braids per hour. Solo, I'm lucky to get 10 per hour, and with my brother healing me (we are both 52) I pick up maybe 20. Considering most of the PHs are shaman mobs with slow/dot/heals/nukes for 250, it's extremely brutal.

The 200+ braids I've gotten, to not get past threateningly, has actually equated to well over a thousand sarnak kills.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't remember any caster sarnaks wandering on live. It should just be Knights and Berserkers. This is probably why.
Fixed, pending update
Old 04-13-2011, 02:23 AM
Kobold

I hate to revisit this, but is it possible for this quest to be looked into? I'm up to well over 500 braids turned in, and I'm still not past apprehensive. At 20 braids per hour WITH help, this is, for lack of better words, bullsh*t.

"less than -801 -- scowls ready to attack
-800 to -501 -- glares threateningly
-500 to -101 -- dubious
-100 to -1 -- apprehensive
0 to 99 -- indifferent
100 to 499 -- amiable
500 to 749 -- kindly
750 to 1099 -- warmly
1100 or more -- ally

Turning in four sarnak war braids: +8 to Venril Sathir"
Closed Thread