Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 01:58 AM
Banned

Default Email to 3000+ ex VZTZ players

Inc...
Old 06-03-2012, 02:01 AM
Banned

Hi there!

I have your email address because you created a log in account for the defunct vztz PvP server, and the email list of account creators was left on a publicly-accessible forum. This isn't spam because I never intend to use your email address again unless you reply to this with some level of interest regarding the subject matter. Again, if you don't reply to this email, you will NEVER hear from me again.

The subject matter is that the Project 1999 PvP server seems to be going through its death throes. It took me a while to get to 49 on my wizard, and as soon as I did one of the two guilds fighting over raid mobs stopped logging in (Founding Fathers). For three nights FF and Nihilum engaged in mass PvP for the right to engage Naggy. FF won, engaged, failed and hasn't seen double digit members online since. Did FF quit because they failed at PvE? Did they quit because they can't handle even-number PvP?

I don't know. All I know is that this is a stable server with anti-hack code that I've invested a lot of time in, and I would like to see it survive past Kunark release. I'm writing you because if you quit or didn't know about the server or didn't try it out because you didn't know anybody, you can hit me up on Cynthia (49 wiz) or Narg (25 war) for groups, ports, free gear, whatever you need.

If you are a former player who left the server, I would appreciate any feedback on why you left. I know the devs have been absentee and the gm staff hasn't always been even-handed, but what's the main reason you left? I know most of my former guild on vztz, Savage Wolves, left because they just didn't have time for the grind. The devs have implemented a scaling xp bonus that starts at 100% at lvl 1 and scales to 0% at lvl 50, and that helped some.

But people on the forums have made it clear that xp is still too slow and is the number one issue. I don't want to talk about how many days played it took me to get to 49. Noted forum troll Harrison likes to claim that people are crying for an xp boost because classic EQ is too hard. What he fails to note is that a substantial portion of the people asking for an xp boost are people like myself who were already 40+ when the last xp boost went in. This means I didn't see much benefit from the scaling xp boost. I'm asking the devs for a boost to increase population and keep the server from dying, not for my individual benefit.

I've created this thread in the rants and flames section, so you can flame away here if you prefer:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...123#post659123

Maybe classic EQ PvP is just over and it's time to move on. This is my last stab at avoiding that conclusion.

Thanks,

Aenor the Betrayer, founder of Grey Companions on Vallon Zek, 1999
Old 06-03-2012, 02:01 AM
Banned

context?
Old 06-03-2012, 02:03 AM
Banned

ah ha ninja posted.

I like the part where you said we need exp boost and GMs are absentee.

A+ for effort though, although by being in the same guild as 50% of the server you are contributing to the problem.

just my 2 cents
Old 06-03-2012, 02:18 AM
Banned

The last thing this server needs is more lowlife pondscum from vztz.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:19 AM
Banned

u would know u play so often
Old 06-03-2012, 02:25 AM
Banned

Worst thing to happen to this entire project was the inevitable and deserved death of that failbox.

Absolute fact, and I know the devs and GMs agree.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:25 AM
Banned

/who all harrison

0 players found online
Old 06-03-2012, 02:29 AM
Banned

How would you know, didn't you ragequit because you couldn't handle the game? Can't /who from here "bro"
Old 06-03-2012, 02:35 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread