Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 10:20 AM
Sarnak

I felt pretty discouraged about Steamfont. In about 30 minutes, I also only killed 2 mobs, and died twice trying to kill higher level mobs. lol.

Then I went and grouped up with my buddy boxing ranger/druid.. for whatever stupid reason, over in Gfay and did much better once I was over there. Grouped with more, made full group and moved to BB and it was even better.

From what I can tell, they actually made grouping worth it. Experience seems to roll in much faster.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:07 AM
Kobold

First things first.

Monk fists are going to be 20/26, not THAT far off from what their Sky weapons are anyway, and will be replaced in Kunark with Tstaffs MCTs etc.

Secondly:
HT and LoH are in the game, it's just the 'v' key doesn't work to pull up your AAs, you have to go in through the 'inventory' screen and open your AAs up. Everything else is locked out and working just fine.

Thirdly, could SoE have taken the time to go back and scale HT and Fists properly? Yep, they sure could have, but they also go the damage formula, mob movement speed, player movement speed, etc all correct...so...are they REALLY that stupid? Nah, didn't think so.

The progression server exp is really slow, but grouping is the best way to do it, actually in a full group you earn more exp than you do for solo kills. So it works out really nicely forcing people to group up...this was designed no question about it. But so far, I'm having a blast with it.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:32 AM
Fire Giant

Dammit, try to make a joke and you guys come in here and mess up my thread with serious talk. I can't believe you folks still want to pay Sony after all these years.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 02-16-2011, 11:40 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dammit, try to make a joke and you guys come in here and mess up my thread with serious talk. I can't believe you folks still want to pay Sony after all these years.
I dunno who said anything about paying...my accounts are all free right now...
Old 02-16-2011, 11:48 AM
Fire Giant

Oh, I see. Now it makes sense. I guess I didn't read that in the other 300 threads about this topic.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 02-16-2011, 11:58 AM
Sarnak

This is great and has a better rule set then the classic server. I am just glad they opened up the second server as the first one was overcrowded for trying to get kills. Here is a short listen of items that really make the game more fun that are only on the classic server because the creators want to keep it true to class, even if it's not to better the game and to be suborn.

Better graphics, you are lying to your self if you don't admit this one.

Heals and spell damage not sucking and being what they should.

Being able to find to any city and not spam the channels.

Not losing your gear and only xp on death. This sounds cool but personally very annoying. However, they may vote to change it in the future.

Actually being able to get decent plat on the lower levels to buy your spells.

Being able to use spells at every level and not having to wait.

Don't think, I am going to pay the sub and enjoying the free reactivation for now. I am sure there are other thing that I will find, as we go on. Just because it's a feature in classic doesn't mean you should keep it. I am impressed that the DEVs at Sony did a good job and spent months at it.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First things first.

Monk fists are going to be 20/26, not THAT far off from what their Sky weapons are anyway, and will be replaced in Kunark with Tstaffs MCTs etc.
14/30 are monk fists at 50 for humans on live. Sky weapons are 14/28.

Look at it objectively. 20/26 (at 50) is 0.77 ratio. at 60 it's going to be 22/24.

Best weapons in the game come velious will be gharn's 15/18, and primal etc. 15/20. Gharn's would be preferable to your fists at 50, but that's 2 expansions down, off one of the end game mobs. Of which you'll need to be level 60 to kill i imagine.

Then you look at PoP, you get weapons comparable to the fists at 60, like battle firsts from RZ (18/22) shinai of the ancients (23/20), but then the cap is 65... where your fists are 23/24. So shinai is better than your fists at 60, but that's the absolute end game monk weapon.

Basically the new tables means for the progression server, the damage that an end game monk does will always be the same as a non-raiding monk with bare fists.

That might not bother you, but it's still pretty substantial, and maybe not game breaking, but it certainly means monks are going to be using their bare fists pretty much all the time.

I enchant things...
Old 02-16-2011, 12:10 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Trimm

Yeah I think the free accounts they activated only have 3 or 4 days of playtime left on them, after that everyone will be back to P99 like normal. I wouldn't be very worried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Cats on the moon not happening on my watch.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldn't be very worried.
I was talking to an IB member a day or so ago, the consensus was we don't at all think the progression server will have any baring on the community-scape come Kunark. Whether or not we have almost a thousand people at peak times anymore isn't really indicative of those people leaving for progression as much as burning out on Classic EQ.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:31 PM
Sarnak

I logged on, I logged off. Now all I need to do is uninstall that crap.