Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 09-12-2023, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok: A self-absorbed blowhard who can pass a drug test
why would i ever need to pass a drug test? I don't work in a warehouse

maybe if i wrecked a company vehicle they would drug test me if they felt like it, then I'd whip out the medical MJ card and be like na na na boo boo if you punish me for weed i can sue you.
Old 09-12-2023, 03:38 PM
Banned

If you work for a public utility, you are likely not protected in the event of an accident, weed or no, in the state of Pennsylvania.
Old 09-12-2023, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you work for a public utility, you are likely not protected in the event of an accident, weed or no, in the state of Pennsylvania.
forget medical weed for a min, like half the state has decriminalized it, and major cities have legalized it within city limits.

so finding someone who doesn't test positive for weed is nigh impossible these days.

"medicinal marijuana" is technically prescribed by a "doctor" (it's all a bullshit ploy to enable people's access to weed under the guise of medicine, but since that avenue was the one they used, it gave the public a legal excuse to test positive for weed)

and there is no science that exists which can prove in-court whether or not you are "high" at the time of an accident

only that you have at some point within the last 30 days consumed THC

all you gotta do is be like, "I smoked weed last saturday, and here is my medical weed card"

so then the only recourse the employer has in PA is the "at-will-employment" agreement, which is the norm in PA. employers and employees can terminate employment at anytime with or without reason

so then if i got fired for wrecking a company vehicle, I'll point to hundreds of cases of employees who wrecked vehicles and kept their jobs, claiming some sort of discrimination my over-paid lawyer will come up with, then they'll settle out of court because it's not worth their trouble, give me a check and a non-disclosure agreement, and i'll never have to work again and the public will never hear about it.

happens literally all the time
Old 09-12-2023, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

"medicinal marijuana" is hilarious to me.

if you go to a doctor and say, "I'm depressed, or I have anxiety, or I have back pain" the doctor is gonna prescribe a course of treatment specific to your ailment.

if you go to a "weed doctor", the answer to everything is weed. Depressed? Weed. Anxiety? Weed. Body Pains? Weed. Alzheimers? FUCKIN WEED LOL the memory loss disease can be treated by a drug that causes memory loss.

the weed doctors are like Oprah with the giveaway stuff

YOU GET WEED

AND YOU GET WEED

EVERBODY GETS WEED !!!
Old 09-12-2023, 04:12 PM
Banned

Of course the ignorant reactionary assumes he knows more about laws than lawyers, was else was I expecting?
Old 09-12-2023, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Of course the ignorant reactionary assumes he knows more about laws than lawyers, was else was I expecting?
im correct as far as ive described, which is a very simple example

i'd hire a lawyer if i faced such a case obviously, because im not a broke ass white boy from jah jah
Old 09-12-2023, 05:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
very quickly recognized the mental health benefits of responsible use
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm a little confused Trex. If it's beneficial for your mental health then it's probably having some kind of a positive medical benefit. Isn't mental health a good thing?

Pretty sure there are some confirmed cases of folks benefiting medically: Dravet's Syndrome (childhood epilepsy), Parkinson's disease, and appetite restoration for Chemo Therapy patients.

It's why the HHS recently recommended to switch MJ to Schedule 3, which means the Feds would finally recognize it's medicinal value. The DEA has never ignored an HHS recommendation and gone against it. If that occured here it'd be a first.
Old 09-12-2023, 05:19 PM
Banned

Quote:

if you go to a doctor and say, "I'm depressed, or I have anxiety, or I have back pain" the doctor is gonna prescribe a course of treatment specific to your ailment.

if you go to a "weed doctor", the answer to everything is weed. Depressed? Weed. Anxiety? Weed. Body Pains? Weed. Alzheimers? FUCKIN WEED LOL the memory loss disease can be treated by a drug that causes memory loss.

the weed doctors are like Oprah with the giveaway stuff

YOU GET WEED

AND YOU GET WEED

EVERBODY GETS WEED !!!
I've been a medical card holder for years now, but unlike CA, in AZ you never could get a medical script for THC for any mental health reason. It had to be stuff like for dealing with chronic pain, appetite assistance, etc

But like you said, they give you a list of covered reasons right away, and I specifically found a place that doesn't ask for any medical paperwork proof of illness. I told them I get blinding migraines (which is technically true, but I only get them like 1x/year)

The interesting thing though is that the doctor(s) did actually always lecture me a bit about other things I could than THC. Then some of them would give me shit for the amount of mg I would take in my edibles. They'd be like you know 10mg edibles is like 7 bong hits right???

And I'm sitting here thinking "I would be almost hallucinating with 7 bong hits, that can't be right. Plus some of the chicks at the weed shop tell me they do 100mg in a sitting..."

By the time the doctors started lecturing me about alternatives to THC I could try I felt like cutting them off with:

"Ok let's keep this simple. I'm paying you guys cash right now. And you're giving me a script. Let's cut out this foreplay"

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-12-2023, 05:26 PM
Banned

^
I've always considered paying the $150 bi-annual state fee for renewing my card like paying the drug cartel their tribute to not be hassled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-12-2023, 05:34 PM
Banned

It's really a rabbit hole into how we haven't truly figured out how the human body completely works yet. Fascinating for would be arm-chair biologists or folks that like science.

Each of us have an Endocannabinoid system that is involved in homeostasis, essentially the system that is responsible for keeping our body in balance.

So you actually produce THC-like chemicals within your body naturally even if you never smoked weed ever in your life. Anandamide is one of those cannabinoids that your body produces and means bliss in Sanskrit. That and a few other naturally occurring cannabinoids that circulate throughout your body to achieve homeostasis.

THC, CBD, and terpenes are the major components of the cannabis plant that when smoked or eaten produce the weed 'high' effect. THC and CBD are exogenous cannabinoids that bind to the receptor sites usually waiting for Anandamide and your natural cannabinoids. With THC you will get a 'high' effect and with CBD an 'anti-inflamatory' effect that doesn't give a high feeling. The two do modulate each other in terms of effect. Terpenes and flavonoids provide that smell that most associate with cannabis. THC and CBD are odorless.

Lastly there is something called the Entourage effect that has been hypothesized to account for the vary effect that different strains produce based on their cannabinoid profile.

What I'm getting at is weed science has been swimming along nicely in the research world for several years. In learning about weed, scientists discovered the Endocannabinoid system that we each have within us. Currently in medical school new doctors are just now beginning to learning about this, but any doctor over the age of 45 was not trained on this system.