Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 12:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't see what happened after that as he DT'd me from beyond the wall shortly thereafter.
He ended up back at his spawn point eventually and resumed chasing people on his aggro list. By this time all of the kiters were down and the few non-desync'd people left were scattered around the zone trying to find him.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:50 PM
Banned

I'm not trolling. I am being 100% serious.

The "coincidence" that your guild has an infestation of the former members of the guilds that used to do this to other guilds in the past isn't forgotten by those of us that were there. The question is if they're able to fix and/or find out how it's done.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

What about... I don't know... Actually killing some zone trash instead of kiting it all while you bum rush Draco or CT with 100 people. I imagine that'd fix your issue.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about... I don't know... Actually killing some zone trash instead of kiting it all while you bum rush Draco or CT with 100 people. I imagine that'd fix your issue.
This guy gets it.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not trolling. I am being 100% serious.

The "coincidence" that your guild has an infestation of the former members of the guilds that used to do this to other guilds in the past isn't forgotten by those of us that were there. The question is if they're able to fix and/or find out how it's done.
lol you're such a fucking idiot.

Edit: I suppose I should add something relevant to this. I never noticed this problem until recently.

Things I've noticed that are different than when this wasn't happening.

1) More people in the zone than normally
2) The addition of Epic drops being added to loot tables
3) The corpse bug, where it does not update corpse locations between clients and the server *****
4) Login server happens to crash/bug out 1-3 times a day or every other day.

Things that are the same.

1) same guilds (ib/vd/tmo)
2) same tactics (killing CT with the zone up)

The only thing I've noticed with the game that is similar with the desync is the corpse locations bug. To me it seems to be the advanced stage of this problem where too many npcs/pcs are moving and the server can't keep up with locations for all of them in relationship to each other. Something is causing an issue and making people desync. The only other zone i've ever seen this happen with is Skyfire, around the same time the corpse bug appeared, where bards who started stacking large enough kites would get desync'd and completely smashed by their kites.

The desyncing of bards in skyfire happened before the frequent problems with the login and leads me to believe that the logging in and out does not have any affect on the fear/CT problem. Infact, most of the people in TMO that tried to login where immediately getting desync'd while people already in the game (some in tmo and ib that i talked to) where not experiencing any problems. Any problems until they engaged CT and wiped twice, after their 2nd wipe there were considerably less people in the zone and TMO was able to kill CT with little to no desyncing problems.

The week prior TMO wiped to desyncing and IB/VD were able to kill him with no problems. Usually when a guild wipes and there are less people is when the zone experiences less of a problem. I suppose people logging in and out would cause a problem due to just adding more people into the zone.
Last edited by Autotune; 02-19-2012 at 06:00 PM..
Old 02-19-2012, 07:48 PM
Fire Giant

A lot of your post is either intentionally wrong or doesn't belong here. Last week from my logs, between 32 and 35 seconds after ct initial death touches, desyncs started. What takes 30 seconds to happen? Last week and this week we desynced on every single mass camp out. you weren't in our vent or guildchat, don't speak for us.

This is a reproducible, very real issue. If you want to make rebuttals to the claims that you were desyncing the zone on purpose by calling camps before we engaged, do it in rnf or let your actual officers deal with those petitions in the proper channels. Please dont marginalize a real bug that actually needs fixing by claiming it didnt happen in circumstances where it clearly did.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of your post is either intentionally wrong or doesn't belong here. Last week from my logs, between 32 and 35 seconds after ct initial death touches, desyncs started. What takes 30 seconds to happen? Last week and this week we desynced on every single mass camp out. you weren't in our vent or guildchat, don't speak for us.

This is a reproducible, very real issue. If you want to make rebuttals to the claims that you were desyncing the zone on purpose by calling camps before we engaged, do it in rnf or let your actual officers deal with those petitions in the proper channels. Please dont marginalize a real bug that actually needs fixing by claiming it didnt happen in circumstances where it clearly did.
TMO was desyncing the entire time before your guild wiped twice to CT engages.

What takes place the hour before you engaged?

TMO has desync'd upon engaging CT previously.

What takes place the few seconds prior?

Why does it only affect some people and not others?

I've pulled draco away from CT on an engage without desyncing. Last week on our engage I attempted the same thing and got desync'd and then DT'd.

You only imply. I simply stated exactly what I have seen and heard others say. You can bring your Tinfoil hats to the bug report tho, it's pretty hilarious.

Edit: the very first time the Desyncing occur'd was against TMO on CT engage in which the entire zone was up and IB/VD camped out to avoid the DT cycle and trains that occur after. Perhaps it is you causing this bug?
Last edited by Autotune; 02-19-2012 at 08:35 PM..
Old 02-19-2012, 08:43 PM
Banned

False. This happened back when FB was intentionally lagging PoF to oust competition and/or get to their camps safely.

I don't know if you were around back then Auto, but it happened, and often.

This isn't new.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
False. This happened back when FB was intentionally lagging PoF to oust competition and/or get to their camps safely.

I don't know if you were around back then Auto, but it happened, and often.

This isn't new.
I know it happened back then.

I'm saying, the first time it happened recently (as this thread is about) was first noticed on a CT engage by TMO, we all wiped due to desyncs. (this is actually one time that i had Draco aggro and pulled him away from CT).

This is the first time it's happened (as the thread suggests: recently).

This desync effect was happening in skyfire with large bard pulls. Where the bard would be running, but getting wacked by his entire train that was no where close to his screen. When you log back in, your corpse would be no where near where you died on your screen. Which was before the epic patch and after the frequent beginning of the corpse bug (where corpses appear in a camp after being dragged to a player but they cannot rez it).
Old 02-20-2012, 01:03 AM
Planar Protector

If your tactics aren't working because they are causing the zone to have issues... change your tactics. Refer to my previous post. Kill trash and don't kite entire zone, this won't happen.
Closed Thread