Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 01:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If your tactics aren't working because they are causing the zone to have issues... change your tactics. Refer to my previous post. Kill trash and don't kite entire zone, this won't happen.
Kiting the zone did not result in this issues pre-epics. The same tactics have been used for months and months with no problems until just recently. Why the tactics might exacerbate the problem, they are not the cause of it. Pulling Draco without anything be trained around last pop made people desynch.

Something that previously wasn't happening is happening now, and its none of this conspiracy zone crashing theories because everybody involved hates it and it screws over both sides equally.
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Old 02-20-2012, 01:17 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If your tactics aren't working because they are causing the zone to have issues... change your tactics. Refer to my previous post. Kill trash and don't kite entire zone, this won't happen.
please don't post if you have no idea what is going on.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know it happened back then.

I'm saying, the first time it happened recently (as this thread is about) was first noticed on a CT engage by TMO, we all wiped due to desyncs. (this is actually one time that i had Draco aggro and pulled him away from CT).

This is the first time it's happened (as the thread suggests: recently).

This desync effect was happening in skyfire with large bard pulls. Where the bard would be running, but getting wacked by his entire train that was no where close to his screen. When you log back in, your corpse would be no where near where you died on your screen. Which was before the epic patch and after the frequent beginning of the corpse bug (where corpses appear in a camp after being dragged to a player but they cannot rez it).
Okay, I apologize. I thought you were blatantly ignoring the past and trying to suggest this is some new thing that has never happened before.

IF it is a bug, and I seriously think it is more like a bug that is being exploited, we can all agree it needs fixing/research.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:53 AM
Sarnak

yeah totally being exploited...jfc get out of this thread, you are a moron.

All guilds involved in said fear raids have had a terrible issue with the mass LD and desynchs lately. No one is intentionally causing these issues, and you are delusional if you truly believe that either guild is magically forcing this error to happen.

Desynching is a known issue to happen in multiple zones in which large numbers of mobs are all aggro and being kited. As it has been said already, this issue has happened many times in the past in zones such as skyfire, during AE groups...however, for some reason (maybe partly due to the decreased server/login stability lately) it is now rendering CT raids a complete shit storm.

No tactics have been changed, but now for some reason this particular raid encounter ends up with half of the zones player population completely desynch or instant LD once it starts happening. I find it hard to imagine anyone actually gaining any benefit from this bug, as it greatly hinders both raid forces equally. I personally got desynched on the 2nd attempt IB/VD made on CT as soon as he was engaged, despite not even being near the encounter or the train- and I was not the only one experiencing this issue.

For fucks sake, TMO lost a CT recently due to the majority of the raid desynching immediately upon engage...

Do you even play? Or do you simply whine, tinfoil, and dwell in RnF so much that you have lost any semblance of a rational thought process?

/rant off
Old 02-20-2012, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
please don't post if you have no idea what is going on.
Lots of mobs on aggro leads to desynching it pretty simple. And so is my prescription for fixing it.

Cazic's event was designed so that you clear most of the zone before engaging him. Just like Tunare. I never heard of anyone kiting the trash in classic or kunark mainly because connections sucked balls back then.

But prove me wrong. Clear fear each a few times while cazic is in window and see if desynching occurs. You know it won't because you aren't kiting around an entire zone worth of mobs.

Whether it happened pre epics or not IMO is irrelevant. You're simply trying to get around an event mechanic by kiting trash.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:19 AM
Planar Protector

The lag was really bad the last too. When you looted your corpse it would appear empty, then every few seconds an item would appear. Also, the ping seemed about normal when you would log in then would crawl up over maybe a 15-20 minute period until you were disconnected.

Then after an a couple hours, everything kind of returned to normal ping-wise?
Old 03-24-2012, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

bump, ever since those de-synchs started happening, every single fear raid let it be 6 people or 80 + in zone has been lagged to massive hell and back for me.

It's the only zone where lag is un-playable, as a bard i cant twist more then 1 song in in there... and kiting is a big lol when racing for CT

Corrupted files maybe?
Old 03-24-2012, 04:45 PM
Kobold

Ever since the Eye of Zomm changes were reverted. (i.e. everyone in the zone gets position updates of everyone else regardless of distance)

I have not noticed any more bad desyncs. The desync problem started (and ended) with Kanras' changes to Eye of Zomm to make it able to see players at zone-in when you popped it through a wall. A patch or two ago this change was reverted and boom! no more desynchy (Which I had been saying all along about it, just not here I guess.)

Part of me says I can't keep drinking like this. The other part of me says, "Don't listen to that guy. He's drunk"
Old 03-27-2012, 04:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Lots of mobs on aggro leads to desynching it pretty simple. And so is my prescription for fixing it.

Cazic's event was designed so that you clear most of the zone before engaging him. Just like Tunare. I never heard of anyone kiting the trash in classic or kunark mainly because connections sucked balls back then.

But prove me wrong. Clear fear each a few times while cazic is in window and see if desynching occurs. You know it won't because you aren't kiting around an entire zone worth of mobs.

Whether it happened pre epics or not IMO is irrelevant. You're simply trying to get around an event mechanic by kiting trash.

He's right, although CT popping causes all of fear to pop. Usually we had to clear fear before engaging Draco/CT to avoid this very issue that people are having.
Closed Thread