Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aggro is generated based on swings, regardless of hits or misses. This has always been the case both here and on live. Go read The Steel Warrior if you think I'm incorrect or that this server is not classic in that regard.

So with your example of two warriors doing the same amount of swings, even if one does more damage, they will have the same aggro. There is a *slight* biase for mobs towards their current target, so it will take more than +1 over the current top to take aggro from them (it is still a relatively small biase, and it is taken into consideration for taunt. It's only there to prevent a mob literally pulling 180's every swing between two players).
Great info, thanks Rogean.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pewpeat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
switched out sbd for a harpoon at lvl 30, and have had absolutely no aggro problems since then. the problem is at low levels taunt does not have a full effect, because its not a high skill yet, while procs have full aggro. (not based on a skill for effectiveness)
taking procs out of the equation at all, backstab aggro is messed up.

misses should not be interpreted for as much hate as they are. iirc they were widely disregarded by mobs as just another miss on live.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aggro is generated based on swings, regardless of hits or misses. This has always been the case both here and on live. Go read The Steel Warrior if you think I'm incorrect or that this server is not classic in that regard.

So with your example of two warriors doing the same amount of swings, even if one does more damage, they will have the same aggro. There is a *slight* biase for mobs towards their current target, so it will take more than +1 over the current top to take aggro from them (it is still a relatively small biase, and it is taken into consideration for taunt. It's only there to prevent a mob literally pulling 180's every swing between two players).
no one gives a fuck what you say rogean , any credibility you once had is gone , you started a project alot of people wanted , myself included , a red pvp server then you fucking abandoned it to go play star wars

fuck you dude , i hope you die of being a ****** irl ( if you can die of ****** that is )
Old 03-12-2012, 08:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steaks2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no one gives a fuck what you say rogean , any credibility you once had is gone , you started a project alot of people wanted , myself included , a red pvp server then you fucking abandoned it to go play star wars

fuck you dude , i hope you die of being a ****** irl ( if you can die of ****** that is )
quoted before you edit. I sincerely hope this is grounds enough to at least warrant revoking your posting rights for a while. you and a couple others do nothing but trash this forum and it does not help peoples impressions of the server (which is doing fine without you, thanks)

that being said - even if he spends all of his time playing SWTOR (cant confirm nor deny), it's his right if that's what he wants to do. with trolls like you around, if I was him, I wouldn't really care to spend too much time here either. he's helping provide the rest of us a great service for free, and he still spends his own time on this server willingly despite ingrates like you.

I don't think the staff sees enough appreciation. I don't think kids like Steaks understand that everything they've provided for us is free and donated out of their own time and skillsets. To the Red 99 staff - thank you for providing the best emu pvp experience I've had to date.
Last edited by Marglar; 03-12-2012 at 08:34 PM..
Old 03-14-2012, 05:04 PM
Kobold

get a life
Old 03-14-2012, 07:30 PM
Planar Protector

Dug this up on Steel Warrior because I was curious.

Quote:
Agro has been proven, about 10 months ago, to be based on 'potential' damage, rather than actual damage. That was well tested. So, it didn't matter if you missed 10 times in a row, you generated the same amount of agro as if you had hit, for max damage 10 times in a row. The reason the monk pulls agro is because you have a heck of a lot of 'potential damage'.

For what it's worth, the study was done with fairly decent methods using shadow knight agro spells. It convinced me at least.

In fact, if I remember right, it ended up not being based on even the 'potential' damage of the weapon, but on the delay of the weapon, and it follows thresholds (ie, rounding issues). The delay was rounded off to the next 10 (10, 20, 30...).

The original study showed, quite surprisingly, that a weapon with 14 delay had less agro than something with a 18 delay. So, for agro purposes, a 14/14 would be worse than an 8/18 because the 14 was rounded down to 10 and the 18 was rounded up to 20.
Quote:

Summary:

Each swing of a weapon gives a set amount of hate regardless of whether or not you hit the mob. A critical hit for 700 damage is no more hate than a hit for 40 damage. It seems that the amount of hate is determined similar to the values used to determine DPS for a given weapon combo. (damage * modifier + damage bonus) Except in this case the modifier is VERY low. IN damamge calculations you will have a modifier of 3-4 anymore, but in hate calculations it seems to be around 1. So damage bonus is a significant contributor to hate. Thus why off hand weapon generates much less agro than primary hand weapons. (Of course being swung less often is also a factor.) As you get better weapons your offhand will perform better hate wise in comparison to your main weapon. THis is why a less damaging two handed weapon can out taunt a more damaging one handed combo.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:07 PM
Large Bat

Is it possible to please fix this, it's terribly inconvenient for low level rogues.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steaks2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 03-19-2012, 05:20 PM
Aviak

I think this faggot needs to get a IP ban for saying this shit about rogean
Old 03-19-2012, 06:21 PM
Kobold

I'm finding this slightly more tolerable with hybrid tanks and proc equipped warriors .. but they still really have to work for it and some fights I really have to .. not backstab every time the buttons up, which sucks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

sbd's will start procing soon and I am sure I will be crap out of luck at that point. will likely need to bag them for a lot of encounters and come up with other weapons.
Closed Thread