Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Banned

Default Real reason I didn't enjoy the server

Releasing a bunch of people new/experimenting with pvp into a heavily griefing environment with a shitty resist code. Landing roots/snares on anyone without end game gear makes anyone trying this shit out beyond frustrating/boring.

At least in classic with 80+ MR which is easy attainable through buffs/items, you could at least have fun fighting/escape gank squads fairly easily with avoiding the game breaking spells. Casters can still gate on sight, but when you do decide to pvp, it's just root/zerg/snare/boring.

Hell even with a tranix crown and stacking all MR gear, and with resist magic - my death at the pvp event was Tror first cast rooting me with 151 MR, it broke at 22% but getting away from Gong/Fried sow'd was just not possible. How did Null expect new players to survive/enjoy this lame shit haha.

On live all I did was solo pvp, and it was fun as hell. I don't even have the motivation to log on and pvp here, it's literally not worth anyones time to bother, and the fact that this hasn't been changed just confirms this box has no chance.

I'm sure there's a list of tons of shit that should be changed, but bottom line the pvp is just not fun, and certainly not classic.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:54 PM
Banned

Yeah roots are OP as shit, also channeling gate is far too easy.

I'm sure we all have seen some retarded gates being pulled off while the caster is being beaten to shit.

Classic EQ is already a casters paradise but this resist set is even more harsh on anyone without gate/root.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hell even with a tranix crown and stacking all MR gear, and with resist magic - my death at the pvp event was Tror first cast rooting me with 151 MR, it broke at 22% but getting away from Gong/Fried sow'd was just not possible. How did Null expect new players to survive/enjoy this lame shit haha.
I get rooted pretty frequently even with 200 MR lol.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by she is useless [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If it wasn't Amelinda you'd be whining at someone else. GMs/guides/etc always get raged on. Don't get mad, walk away from EQ for a while... go outside. It's just a game, remember? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

A lot of respect for the amount of free time those on P99 give to bring us the server we all (or some of us at least) enjoy.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't get mad, walk away from EQ for a while...
For real.

[ANONYMOUS] Advisor
Old 04-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Banned

cast mad because dominated all the way to 50:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56246

even seary droppin this kid on a char he played twice
Last edited by Lulz Sect; 04-08-2012 at 08:19 PM.. Reason: cast is mad and bad
Old 04-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Fire Giant

The "were not heeded" part reminded me of Dwight on The Office ;D
Old 04-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Releasing a bunch of people new/experimenting with pvp into a heavily griefing environment with a shitty resist code. Landing roots/snares on anyone without end game gear makes anyone trying this shit out beyond frustrating/boring.

At least in classic with 80+ MR which is easy attainable through buffs/items, you could at least have fun fighting/escape gank squads fairly easily with avoiding the game breaking spells. Casters can still gate on sight, but when you do decide to pvp, it's just root/zerg/snare/boring.

On live all I did was solo pvp, and it was fun as hell. I don't even have the motivation to log on and pvp here, it's literally not worth anyones time to bother, and the fact that this hasn't been changed just confirms this box has no chance.

I'm sure there's a list of tons of shit that should be changed, but bottom line the pvp is just not fun, and certainly not classic.
Perfectly summed up. Should increase melee dmg if it's gonna be like this
Old 04-08-2012, 11:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Perfectly summed up. Should increase melee dmg if it's gonna be like this
Holo griefed off server -->cries to make it so they can last.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:59 AM
Banned

I do not condone QQ, but I do approve this thread. Well written... WHAT U THINKING NULL!?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread