Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Kobold

Are there any people to group with in the low lvl areas of luclin? PC, NL, DSP?
Old 02-24-2012, 02:11 PM
Kobold

Anyway to get eqw to run in fullscreen?
Old 02-25-2012, 05:27 PM
Sarnak

Default Question

Hi,

I followed valhallas guide with the 12 steps, i got the client to load. on server select it shows 4 available servers. two alkabor and 2 of some random thing.

I pick the alkabor one and then it starts to load but then it says i didnt i have a 1017 error and to either patch or try again later. What do i do?

If someone can help me and it would be easier i can pm my phone number. would like to get this working today.

Thanks
Old 02-25-2012, 07:34 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hastley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi,

I followed valhallas guide with the 12 steps, i got the client to load. on server select it shows 4 available servers. two alkabor and 2 of some random thing.

I pick the alkabor one and then it starts to load but then it says i didnt i have a 1017 error and to either patch or try again later. What do i do?

If someone can help me and it would be easier i can pm my phone number. would like to get this working today.

Thanks
Make sure that you've read the earlier posts about installing it in C:\EQMac. If you can't install it there due to lack of space, do a mklink to your current directory. I explained how to do that in an earlier post as well.

That should do it. Good luck
Old 02-25-2012, 08:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adachi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since there's no built in Framerate limiting like the newer clients have, I also had to edit the eqw.ini to cap the fps by editting MaxFPS=30 so the turning on the X axis wasn't assfuck slow. Seems to help a bit, not as fast as I would like and it fucks up sometimes after alt-tabbing by going back to slow turning mode.
I'm having this problem with right-click mouselook where X axis is super slow, and Y is super fast also. I changed MaxFPS in eqw.ini to 30 but it hasn't made any difference.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
You don't seem to get the fact that we've wanted to let you walk quietly but you continue to attempt to troll us to make us look bad to save yourself face or to 'be the bad guy' and make us 'regret' not letting your bipolar ass back on the staff
Old 02-26-2012, 12:01 AM
Aviak

Well, I tried this out. Mouselook along x axis is insanely slow. You can't use eqplaynice or wineq as they cause a memory error. None of the 3rd person views are usable for me, and with it possibly being patched out, frankly, just too much hassle and control issues for me to deal with. Ah well.

OK since i really have no other games to play I messed with the camera a bit. Basically if you want a 3rd person camera that follows your character when you turn etc (you have to keyboard turn), go to the second view with f9 that camera turns when you turn, then use alt 3 and 9 on numpad to set angle, and alt 1 and 7 on numpad to set distance from character and should be able to get a decent view. Sucks that you can't really use mouselook but, shrug. Just figured I'd mention this.

Just a bit more, 2nd camera that moves when you turn with f9, get a good distance for you from your char, invert Y axis on mouse and max mouse sensitivity and you can mouselook decently also. It's a little jumpy but not too shabby.

Nother edit. I didn't like not being able to zoom in out with mouse, so I wrote a script to do this and figured I'd post it. Source is in the zip if you want to look/change it. Basically hooks the mouse wheel, and sends 1 or 7 numpad 8x per tick of scroll wheel. Alt Home pauses it and returns scroll to normal function. Just right click icon in system tray and select exit to exit it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19233738/Scroll%20Hook.zip
Last edited by ir0nfist; 02-26-2012 at 04:48 PM.. Reason: added info
Old 02-26-2012, 11:47 AM
Sarnak

Finally got it working. thanks for the advice,

Anyone i could see about a few pp for level 4 spells for my girlfriend and i?

name hastley in game.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:56 PM
Aviak

I'm getting to the login screen and when I try to log on I get "Error 0009: Login server did not respond/ \nPlease try again.\n. I tried reinstalling with avast shut off but I'm still getting the same error, any ideas?
Old 03-01-2012, 01:30 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyFresh609 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm getting to the login screen and when I try to log on I get "Error 0009: Login server did not respond/ \nPlease try again.\n. I tried reinstalling with avast shut off but I'm still getting the same error, any ideas?
Make sure you don't use any weird special characters on password creation. QWERTZ <-> QWERTY made me go crazy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-01-2012, 01:39 AM
Decaying Skeleton

thnx for post good job +rep