Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 04:26 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Trimm

I think there is at least one in IB, I'm not sure who has it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Cats on the moon not happening on my watch.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:36 AM
Kobold

Otto has a 'freeti spear, I think. Can't remember.
65 Ogre Shaman
70 Erudite Paladin
85 Wood Elf Bard/Dark Elf Enchanter
Last edited by Ponden; 09-26-2010 at 04:39 AM..
Old 09-26-2010, 04:48 AM
Banned

One actually dropped? Sick...

Zilo, you don't count. You and your 1hp pet!
Old 09-26-2010, 08:52 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
@Nox I do not believe that delay affects rate of backstab, although I haven't tested this. However, I do believe that haste does affect rate of backstab, and would be interested in seeing some data to corroborate or disprove this hypothesis.
I switched my Gloomwater Harpoon to my main hand last night and used an Obsidian Shard or Jambiya in my offhand, depending on whether I wanted to use a proc or not. No problems with aggro at all.

As far as delay affecting rate of backstab, I did not notice a difference. Now, I don't have any hard data to back that up, but I seemed to be able to backstab just as often as before even though the poon's delay is greater. I did notice an overall delay in normal attacks, but that is to be expected.

Also, as expected, increasing my main hand weapon damage from 8 to 9, did increase my backstab amount. I think I was maxing out around 86 points where I was only getting 81 before making the switch.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:47 PM
Large Bat

Default just my opinion

As a noob to EQ my opinion may not be worth much, that being said here goes.

my 30 rog MH gloom OH PSD I BS for over 100 with barb race and 179 str without buffs. I have no haste items, I get roughly 2-3 BS a fight depending on con of mob/ group classes. Rog is the best dps hands down I easily take 30-40% of total HP of a mob alone between BS and dmg output without haste. If I switch for faster dmg output I lose a great deal of BS dmg. I have yet to use a proc weapon, and have rare issue of aggro. Which is easily solved by turning off atk moving back two steps and re-engaging, sneak hide macro does not always remove agro , it can fail even trained as high as lvl permits. Turning off atk always removes agro for me , I take maybe two to 6 hits during this if the tank is having agro control problems. Normally I do not care because I can take the hits until tank can regain agro. While still dealing massive dmg , which is the goal of the DPS role in the group anyway.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Make sure you create a separate macro for stealth and evade.

Stealth is just hide followed by sneak while standing still while with evade you turn off atatck first, then hide. I tend to shove other skills in my macros as well such as sense heading (till it's maxed) and sense traps.

A nice tool I use on my rogue is to setup audio triggers to let me know what my abilities are doing so I don't have to keep checking the text spam in my combat window.

For example I get a chime when I have successfully hidden myself and a different chime when I am successfully sneaking. When ever either of those fail I get a loud thud sound. So when I hit stealth I know right away if both skills worked or not.

I also have a different audio sound for when I managed to evade from combat (and another thud sound if the evade failed).

I also created an audio trigger for when I get caught pickpocketing.

While these audio triggers aren't quite as vital for a rogue as they are for other classes it's still nice to have and so easy to set up while your LFG or waiting for a port or what ever.
Closed Thread