Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 10:10 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Question Leveling suggestions for level 6 Barbarian in Everfrost Peaks?

Hey everyone,

I've just started a Barbarian Shaman and I just dinged to level 6, but I'm having an increasingly hard time finding places to go for better experience/loot. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I should be going next in my leveling adventures?
Old 08-25-2015, 10:15 AM
Planar Protector

Head over to BB and slaughter gnolls. Collect their fangs and turn them in =)
Old 08-25-2015, 10:15 AM
Large Rat

Blackburrow. Use the Gnoll Fangs you loot for amazing xp in Qeynos.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:51 AM
Large Rat

they might not like you in qeynos as a barb
Old 08-25-2015, 10:54 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Is that the Moonstone quest? Sorry, it's been a long time, so my knowledge of Qeynos quests is pretty rusty!
Old 08-25-2015, 11:24 AM
Sarnak

Yes its the moonstone quest.
Just remember, if you do this quest enough, you will eventually become KOS to the Corrupt Qeynos Guards. It would really suck to get ganked by a guard on the way to the bank.
You can also get good xp with no negative faction hits by turning in the gnoll fangs to Lizbeth in the Halas Warrior guild. But it takes three at a time instead of only one in Qeynos.

There are four Gnolls that spawn on the Everfrost side of the Blackburrow zone. Two at the entrance to the tunnel and then two more farther down towards BB. Once you split the two spawns at the top of the tunnel you can camp them all day long. The spawn on abput a 5 or 6 minute timer which gives you just enough time to med to full mana between spawns. I farmed these guys untill I was almost level 7 then went to Qeynos to turn in my fangs. Got almost two full levels from the turn ins and am almost level 9 now. Figure I will go back for a few more fangs and finish level 8 in Halas, get SoW and be off to the races!
Since you are probably still bound at your spawn point you can farm these gnolls until you are grossly over weight and then gate back to Halas, drag yourself up the ramp and sell to the merchants there.
Last edited by Charlievox; 08-25-2015 at 11:40 AM..
Old 08-25-2015, 12:28 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks for the information! Does the Corrupt Qeynos Guards faction lower substantially, and if so, is there an easy way of repairing faction loss?
Old 08-25-2015, 12:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the information! Does the Corrupt Qeynos Guards faction lower substantially, and if so, is there an easy way of repairing faction loss?
There are only two quests i know of that can repair Corrupt Qeynos Guard faction without hurting some good factions.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Gnoll_Scalp_Collecting

http://wiki.project1999.com/Orc_Scalp_Collecting
Old 08-25-2015, 12:52 PM
Sarnak

One more
http://wiki.project1999.com/Left_Goblin_Ears

But these are all High Pass Hold quests for when you are a bit higher level
Old 08-25-2015, 09:29 PM
Planar Protector

Unfortunately you missed the epic experience of Everfrost Peaks. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Barbarian Shaman in 1999 when that zone constantly had tons people in it, with very poor night vision and no maps, was awesome. So many great memories of wandering through the maze-like mountains, hunting out in the tundra, and running away from the undead Soloist who slayed newbies and was an overpowered for his level (and then finally killing him when you got higher in level!). Also, Blackburrow. Then the Karanas. So sad how that side of the game world died out.

I feel sorry if you're just soloing this whole time but especially sorry for a Shaman since it's the second-weakest class at the lower levels (Rogue being the weakest).