Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 06-14-2012, 07:36 PM
VIP / Contributor

Default NPC agro lists

As of right now npcs become targeted on the one person on their agro list. They will ignore anyone else around them, unless they buff, or cause agro around the npc.

Best way to say it:

If you're kos to a mob, and it is even in agro range you should be put on its agro list. It's not putting people on their agro list as is, right now.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:30 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah... I knew I wasn't crazy. I remember in classic that you were scared as hell if someone passed you with a train of mobs, because they WOULD come back for you. Right now, you can just simply move out of the way to avoid them pathing back.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 06-14-2012, 08:43 PM
Banned

You are crazy as hell. Being in proximity of a KOS mob does not put u on the list unless it is in seek mode which means that it is not currently aggro on anyone else. it is currently classic and should not be changed.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:47 PM
Banned

having a mob traine past you never put you on agro list unless you did soemthing to deserve it or else training mobs away to get people past a certain area would never work. this would be the biggest griefing tactic ever if this is changed.

Doing stuff in proximity of a KOS mob will add you to the list.
ex:

a mob gets trained past you while you are fighting one of it's buddies.

a mob gets trained past you while you are buffing anyone KOS to it in close proximity.

a mob gets trained past you and you sit while it is in close proximity.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallikus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
having a mob traine past you never put you on agro list unless you did soemthing to deserve it or else training mobs away to get people past a certain area would never work. this would be the biggest griefing tactic ever if this is changed.

Doing stuff in proximity of a KOS mob will add you to the list.
ex:

a mob gets trained past you while you are fighting one of it's buddies.

a mob gets trained past you while you are buffing anyone KOS to it in close proximity.

a mob gets trained past you and you sit while it is in close proximity.
Pretty much exactly the way it is and should be.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:04 PM
Planar Protector

Your memory sucks, Metallikus/Xanthias... sorry, bros. Definitely classic.

http://mmoplayer.wikidot.com/everquest

"Another unique aspect of playing Everquest was trains. Not mechanical locomotives but long parades of monsters chasing a player or group of players. Trains arise from a combination of factors. The first thing required for a train is for a player or group to aggro more monsters than they can handle. Once the monsters start attacking a player they will not stop until either the player is dead or leaves the region by zoning out (crossing a line where the server removes them from the current area and loads them into the next). A monster will aggro on every player that it comes near making the train dangerous not only to the person being chased but to everyone it runs past as well. If a skeleton is chasing Brutus to the zone line and they pass nearby, as soon as Brutus zones out or dies that skeleton, and every other monster they pass on the way, is going to come after you."

He stopped playing before Kunark:

"At some point when my character was in the mid 40's (and the level cap was still 50) I suddenly suffered a disconnect between the game world and the game mechanics. No longer was I an adventurer killing monsters. Instead I was a person sitting at a keyboard watching a progress bar advance pixel by agonizing pixel."

So unless there's proof the aggro system changed in Kunark (which it could have, since Kunark also introduced mobs stopping pursuit after you got a certain distance away, but resuming pursuit once you enter back in range, and that's not implemented here either...), the mobs SHOULD add KOS players in aggro range to their aggro list even if there is someone else already on the aggro list.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 06-15-2012, 11:46 AM
Banned

This one guy's tale of EQ trains is not evidence that he knew anything about the mechanics involved in latching agro individually to those trains. That is one guy's recollection of something he didn't fully understand. Advanced players knew why things happened to them, not jsut what seemed to happen.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:52 PM
Banned

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:bard

"First, you must know that there are two kinds of agro: Direct Agro, and Assist Agro. Both work differently.
• Direct Agro (DA) is the agro you get when you attack a mob, or a mob sees you first and attacks you.
• Assist Agro (AA) is the agro you get when a mob (or mobs) is in range to assist a mob that has DA on you.
Now they both seem the same; in both ways you end up with a mob trying to kill you. But here is the difference: • A mob with DA on you will be able to attract nearby allies and cause them to AA on you.
• A mob with AA on you will never attract allies to assist you, even if he runs right over them. Only a mob with DA on you can do that."

no mention of the mysterious "within agro range add all players to threat list" agro.
because when people got agro, it was because they did soemthing to gain direct agro from one of more mobs in teh train and then the other mobs gained assist agro afterward.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:58 PM
Project Manager

I believe all undead npcs should work this way, and some npcs which scowl to all.

Undead npcs should redirect their tophate to the closest available PC or pet in proximity provided no one has done damage to the npc being trained. (In which case they should continue following the PC or pet who has done damage.)

I do not believe all npcs in the game worked like this.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:13 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe all undead npcs should work this way, and somenpcs which scowl to all.

Undead npcs should redirect their tophate to the closest available PC or pet in proximity provided no one has done damage to the npc being trained. (In which case they should continue following the PC or pet who has done damage.)

I do not believe all npcs in the game worked like this.
The DA (direct aggro kos npc) won't go into searching mode if someone is within aggro range.

It's like a group of dark elves visit Felwelth city. One aggros the front guard and runs it back into his group of friends. The dark elf with first aggro, dies. The guard will then turn around and walk back, leaving the group of dark elves they were standing next to alone.