Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 09:31 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Crashing/Freezing Up while Zoning or logging in.

Hi while trying to play P99 the game Freezes Up after I pick my character and try to log in about 50% or more of the time.

It does the same thing ever time I zone.

However I tried playing on SoD and it never happens there. What could be causing it here but not there?

Oh and last night I tried the chinese server on EQEmulator and had no problem there as well.

I have internet that travels over a radio antenna. So my only guess it that P99 is pickier on how data is transferred over the internet. May be there is more data needing to be transferred so it needs a stronger connection for a longer time?

I am guessing but I would love to find a fix because I would love to play here. However at this point in time its not looking like I will be.

I just know the other servers I have tried out I don't have this problem with.

I have tried:
turning all my settings off and to 0.
WinEQ
Running on one Core
New game installs
New Patch installs
Run as Administrator
Run in XP
Run in Win7

I would be grateful for any and all help.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:38 AM
Planar Protector

A lot of people have problems with this. My hunch is it's how the login server queues slower connections, but I'm not technical at all and may be way off base.

Check the Technical Discussion forum to find threads of people with similar problems. There are some solutions posted there that may or may not help you.
Old 03-08-2015, 05:35 PM
Aviak

I initially had this problem for at least a week or so. However, after that it simply stopped. I haven't crashed for the last twenty zone or logs. Didn't really fiddle with anything either.
Closed Thread