Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 11:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do you care so much what others enjoy or dislike? Not everyone plays EQ for nostalgic reasons as you clearly do.

This is like some sort of never-ending rumination of a severely warped mind, you just can't seem to let it go.

It's like BDA finally escaped your brain after years of mental torture, and now Agnarr has taken it's place.
I honestly feel bad for Swish sometimes, but then he posts again.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:54 PM
Fire Giant

Level 5 full cloth beast enchanter checking in.

Don't give two fucks if other people have bags or pots that I don't, having a blast on Agnarr. Wish I wasn't going out of town this weekend and could play, but 'tis the casual life for me.
Old 05-26-2017, 01:19 AM
Sarnak

just waiting for the initial frenzy to die down before i log my 12 mages in.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice parroting of other generic RNF replies, people love to run with the "why do you care?" thing. I did say earlier in the thread it's okay to give it a try, why not? You must have missed that and got mad at the picture.

I just think people on the nostalgia train will have been shocked already by all the "updated" (downgraded) zones they put in over the years...hopefully we'll see some TLP refugees here who want a more classic 1999 experience.

Add in the item duping or whatever happened combined with an awful launch which saw many unable to login straightaway.... how's that fresh server going for you? lol
I find the picture humorous actually, but the joke is based on a false premise that every person playing on a TLP server is doing so for nostalgic reasons.

If you spend 1 second on one of these servers you realize immediately it's a whole different game altogether if you compare it to true "classic" Everquest in 1999 or even the early 2000s.

As for an awful launch, it struggled for 3-4 hours. Anyone that is honestly angry or surprised by this either is unfamiliar with MMOs and the initial launch or lack the maturity and patience of a sensible adult.

I grouped with a guy who by chance I was familiar with on Sullon Zek, and I met a guy in that same group who is married who plays on p99 even now with his wife.

Fact of the matter is you have an unnatural obsession with Agnarr now, and can't grasp the concept that just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad. It's just bad for you.

As for how it's going for me, it's a nice change of pace. I find it fun being untwinked, grouping and killing stuff with rusty weapons and patchwork armors, and meeting new people.

None of the things you cry about being on Agnarr have not had any negative effects on me.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I find the picture humorous actually, but the joke is based on a false premise that every person playing on a TLP server is doing so for nostalgic reasons.

If you spend 1 second on one of these servers you realize immediately it's a whole different game altogether if you compare it to true "classic" Everquest in 1999 or even the early 2000s.

As for an awful launch, it struggled for 3-4 hours. Anyone that is honestly angry or surprised by this either is unfamiliar with MMOs and the initial launch or lack the maturity and patience of a sensible adult.

I grouped with a guy who by chance I was familiar with on Sullon Zek, and I met a guy in that same group who is married who plays on p99 even now with his wife.

Fact of the matter is you have an unnatural obsession with Agnarr now, and can't grasp the concept that just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad. It's just bad for you.

As for how it's going for me, it's a nice change of pace. I find it fun being untwinked, grouping and killing stuff with rusty weapons and patchwork armors, and meeting new people.

None of the things you cry about being on Agnarr have not had any negative effects on me.
imagine reading something like this. spooky right?

now imagine writing it.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:51 AM
Kobold

I tested Agnarr during couple hours and my feedback is simple :

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Former TMO / Aftermath - Retired from Blue
Deathproof Tete`de`Mort 60 Necro.
Jemora 60 Rog.
Sinitrose C`la`Crise 60 Sham.
Sheana Kanbake 60 War.
Yapas D`Lezard 60 Monk
Patate Creme`Fraiche 60 Wiz.
Gnolife Le'Roi'Soleil 60 Mag.
Bisou Frenchkiss 57 Clr.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

*squeezes trigger on Super 8 very hard*

Not quite Sadre but since I'm unable to locate him right now you'll have to do.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 05-26-2017, 03:38 AM
Kobold

people boxing here? i cant get hyper v to work
Old 05-26-2017, 03:45 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
awful launch which saw many unable to login straightaway.... how's that fresh server going for you? lol
Oh noes the launch was awful and cost some people hours of their day, and to think they coulda been sitting around waiting to race for ToV mobs.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:58 AM
Sarnak

A few hours of minor trouble sure is going to ruin the other 400+ days these thousands of people are going to keep playing. Personally, I'm not sure if I can enjoy killing a skeleton if some dude has more bag space.
Closed Thread