Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 07:43 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default The HYPOCRISY is overwhelming

So a couple days ago, my account was suspended for KSing. Let me explain the scenario, because this is very important to the point i'm about to make.

I was in oasis, helping a group leveling at the croc camp. P1 to be exact. before I got there, a necro outside the group first trained the group with a sand giant. then he was taking mobs from their camp (from what I hear, I was not there to confirm this) But since I was there, I saw him sneaking mobs off. One in particular, a croc ran right over the group members who were sitting down medding. The necro pulls this mob. I pulled it back and killed it. So he reported me, and I got suspended for KSing.

Just now, a member of my guild was in CoM, and he pulls a mob from some camp because he didn't see anyone around. He kills it, and pulls another. After he pulled the second he sees messages raging on him for pulling the mob from their camp. Before he even knows what happened, boom, he's suspended.

So is it just the first person to report in any situation is the one who wins, and gets the other suspended? Or do the GMs just not care to look into matters before they come down with the ban hammer?

Yeah I'm upset. But I'm also very curious as to how the decision is made to suspend someone, since these two scenarios are on the opposite sides of the same point. Yet both sides respectively get suspended.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:49 PM
Banned

i know this is RNF but you seem like you could use some help so I'll put away my pugilist bindings

here's the best thing you can do....

1. stop expecting consistent judgment from GMs
2. curry favor with GMs by befriending them, flattering them (hi sirken)
3. use this bias for your own advantage

alternative option is to buy a few TBs HD storage so you can have fraps running permanently, then mount a user run investigation into the hypocrisy of Kill Steal judgments made by a volunteer team of GMs on a private emulator running a classic* version of Everquest in the year of our lord 2017, edit together the videos and put a petition in on the forums and receive private ridicule in rog-sirk-haynar-nilbog Skype chats where they call you a beefy chode and record video of themselves squatting over pictures of your petition and then defecating onto it and then they will leak these logs through Greengrocer and pretty soon you'll have a melt down, be permabanned, then start the long process of being a VPN troll operating under aliases (hi gaffin) to chase your sickness
Old 03-20-2017, 07:57 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I don't care enough to do all that. Just making a point. I've heard of the GMs picking favorites and taking sides, making rash decisions. just never experienced it myself in the 3 years ive been on this server until now.

And the way these guys are acting, I don't see myself befriending anyone.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:58 PM
Fire Giant

From my limited experience with being involved with a KS / camp dispute situation, the GM in question...

1) Looked at the chat logs to see if the players involved tried communicating with each other in regards to the situation.
2) Determined if the situation was still ongoing (for me it was).
3) Teleported in w/ GM invisibility going on so they could see for themselves what was up.
4) Took matters into hand and rendered a judgement.

In my particular case it was a camp dispute where I had 4 mobs that spawned next to each other in an open world setting all broken to singles with a long stretch of time where none were spawned at all for my med breaks, and an incredible douche walked up and parked themselves to start taking spawns. This was Butcherblock, not OOT.

Anyway, the GM assessed the situation by watching what was going down and doing a review of the combat logs, and told me that open world outdoor mobs can only be 'camped' by a single spawn by a single player, and that I had to share. I had even pointed out other spawns that were not being camped and were available for the douche to hunt in a whisper to that player, but no dice. The GM agreed that the other player was being unreasonable but was working within the limit of the rules, so nothing was to be done.

I think 60 min later I trained and killed the player, and killed them again a 2nd and 3rd time later that evening with a clever use of game mechanics and they logged for the day, but that's not a part of the topic at hand.

The point is, no one would be banned unless tangible evidence of being an ass and breaking the rules was there for the GM to find.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:59 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemandFlannigan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just now, a member of my guild was in CoM, and he pulls a mob from some camp because he didn't see anyone around. He kills it, and pulls another. After he pulled the second he sees messages raging on him for pulling the mob from their camp. Before he even knows what happened, boom, he's suspended.
I've been the only Guide on today, have not seen 1 CoM petition nor have suspended anyone today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i know this is RNF but you seem like you could use some help so I'll put away my pugilist bindings

here's the best thing you can do....

1. stop expecting consistent judgment from GMs
2. curry favor with GMs by befriending them, flattering them (hi sirken)
3. use this bias for your own advantage

alternative option is to buy a few TBs HD storage so you can have fraps running permanently, then mount a user run investigation into the hypocrisy of Kill Steal judgments made by a volunteer team of GMs on a private emulator running a classic* version of Everquest in the year of our lord 2017, edit together the videos and put a petition in on the forums and receive private ridicule in rog-sirk-haynar-nilbog Skype chats where they call you a beefy chode and record video of themselves squatting over pictures of your petition and then defecating onto it and then they will leak these logs through Greengrocer and pretty soon you'll have a melt down, be permabanned, then start the long process of being a VPN troll operating under aliases (hi gaffin) to chase your sickness
Lol
Old 03-20-2017, 08:08 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Nah I mean, technically in my situation, I did KS that mob from the necro. So I accept my suspension no problem. I did something against the rules. But my guildy had no right to be suspended.

And let me check to make sure it was CoM, I might have read that wrong.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:34 PM
Banned

can i have a suspension
Old 03-20-2017, 08:43 PM
Banned

confirmed A/A alts leveling due to raid suspension

that or BDA
Old 03-20-2017, 09:24 PM
Planar Protector

i never seen anyone get suspended for camp disputes or even reprimanded and i pulled a lot of mobs.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
can i have a suspension
you know it only takes a word of power spoken with focused intent, brother
Closed Thread