Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 09:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love small races, they all have nice starting dex, are very small making targeting easy with good dungeon crawling ability without shrinking, and aren't overplayed like warrior fatties and iksar are.
I'm getting frustrated with having to jump on stairs in Velious. Never had that problem before.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 04-08-2017, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm getting frustrated with having to jump on stairs in Velious. Never had that problem before.
I kind of get this actually.

On my halfling I was killing aviaks in SK, and went up the tree house and found I have a ton of trouble pulling the birds off their platforms unless I used arrows.

If I tried to use taunt or walk up and hit them, sometimes I couldn't lol.

Yeah, I guess being small does have some disadvantages.
Old 04-08-2017, 05:48 PM
Fire Giant

I went all into DEX and it was a mistake and here is why. At level 60 a shaman can get your STR and DEX caped very easily with two buffs. STA only has one buff. Quality of life would have been much better with STA instead of DEX. Another thing to note, a warriors STA provides the same value of hp all the way to 255, when most stats fall off after 200. Also, procs are basically worthless until you can use yaks at 38, and DEX will only really help you while leveling to 60. The warrior is weakest from 40-50. At 55 your kicks stun which is a huge boon to non slam races.

For the true min maxer (considering only best in slot items,) CHA would be the best stat to raise as it is what divine intervention triggers off of and little of the best gear has it.
Last edited by Naethyn; 04-08-2017 at 05:51 PM..
Old 04-09-2017, 02:05 AM
Planar Protector

It's hard to take you seriously after this gem:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bloodpoint is really good aggro, and the healing/damage is a factor.
Counter points:

-yaks are shitty weapons at this point in the timeline
-Wrapped entropy serpent spine procs at level 1, arguably strongest aggro weapon in game due to its insane proc
-I won't always have a pocket shaman
-I won't always have a pocket ench with boon
-shamans can't double stack dex until level 60
-dex gear can always be cycled out as I level
-I won't be poopsocking raid targets so ... min/max need not apply

For the grouping and light raiding game, a warrior is only as good as his ability to generate threat. A high AC high dex build will make for a pretty good quality of life from the start. With only level 60 and raiding in mind, stamina is the "best" way to go, but even at that point a gnome warrior putting all his starting stats into intelligence can tank the content easily in content appropriate gear.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 04-09-2017, 02:20 AM
Fire Giant

I don't really follow your counter points, and it is OK if you don't take me seriously, but know I've been playing this exact build for a while. I created my warrior as an AC + Dex warrior. I leveled my blacksmithing and created a full set of enchanted full plate back when it required jacinths to create. I had a blast, it was a good time, and I'm not trying to sway you away from such. I'm just letting you know what the ultimate result is.

You'll find your AC very strong until the mid 30's. Fortunately, by then mobs will start to live long enough for procs to matter. My only suggestion is having a bag of 10 wooly spider silk nets, I wish I had done them sooner.
Old 04-09-2017, 06:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For the true min maxer (considering only best in slot items,) CHA would be the best stat to raise as it is what divine intervention triggers off of and little of the best gear has it.
*fails cha check*
Gods be like, "F** that guy, I ain't saving his ugly ass."
Old 04-09-2017, 11:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
My only suggestion is having a bag of 10 wooly spider silk nets, I wish I had done them sooner.
How much do they cost to recharge? When do you use them, on raids or even during groups?
Old 04-10-2017, 12:33 AM
Fire Giant

21pp can use all 3 charges. I use them for groups or solo and only on raids as a last resort. A bag of 10 nets changes the way a warrior is played and saves groups. I use them on every class esp int casters cause instant root is just so useful.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:36 AM
Planar Protector

I get that Shamans can max out your str and dex at high levels, but sometimes people on the forums act like every random low level will have a level 60 shaman following them around casting avatar.

+1 for root nets. Everyone should have a bag of them.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get that Shamans can max out your str and dex at high levels, but sometimes people on the forums act like every random low level will have a level 60 shaman following them around casting avatar.
Yeah, but you cannot reallocate stats or change race once you get 60, so they need to be correct from the start.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Closed Thread