Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 03:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grab a Staff of Battle. That will carry you until 40+ easy.
I actually have one already but never use it. Seems like it makes more sense to just run 1handers. Would it be better suited for groups than the 2 1 handers I already have?
Old 05-09-2017, 03:19 PM
Kobold

Staff of Battle is another great weapon to acquire in the meantime. that is would essentially be your DPS or damage shield weapon.

Just plan on having a Frostbringer or Wrapped Entropy Serpent Spine by 50 - frankly, even a Sarnak Warhammer and Silken Whip of Ensnaring would probably do the trick 50+ for the proc aggro.

While I've invested / grinded for Frostbringer and WESS by 40 (sold a lot of ears and scalps LOL), I don't feel they're mandatory for me to get a group. That being said, having a WESS and Frostbringer makes aggro a cinch, even in groups with twinks / characters substantially wealthier than myself.
Old 05-09-2017, 03:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanderheide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Staff of Battle is another great weapon to acquire in the meantime. that is would essentially be your DPS or damage shield weapon.
Ok this makes more sense. I have mainly been using it to lvl up 2h blunts, while I have another axe for 2h slash. I don't recall what axes I already have but I have 2. Will remember to use this one more when I have a DS or something.
Old 05-09-2017, 03:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well lucky for me, I have already gotten a SCHW the other day. So at this point, short of getting more armor pieces, I was more worried about what weapons. Since playing war, I know how dependant on weapons they are so wasn't sure when I should be looking to upgrade with what I currently have.
Well damn, you're on the patented RDawg / evanderheide path already [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]! Nice work!

Use the SoB for DPS in groups when someone else is tanking or when the mobs have damage shields and you want to avoid taking too much unnecessary damage. It's always good to keep as many skills up as possible too imo.

If you've already acquired SCHW, I'd start focus on getting the Frostbringer + WESS combo. My plan was to first get haste, then FB + WESS, and then DECENT armor;focusing on pieces in the 1-3k range that will last you. By 45 I was pretty much geared with stuff that will last me until Thurgadin armor. A couple of other non-obvious key items that I think LAST a while and are comparatively affordable....

Glimmering Mithril Torque, Antlered Mask, Crystal Chitin Armplates, Barbed Dragonscale Boots, Bracer of Scavenging, Mithril Plated Girdle (awesome pairing with the SCHW for a non IKS WAR), Heavy / Reinforced Dragonleg Breeches, and Cloak of Maelstrom
Old 05-09-2017, 03:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanderheide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A couple of other non-obvious key items that I think LAST a while and are comparatively affordable....

Glimmering Mithril Torque, Antlered Mask, Crystal Chitin Armplates, Barbed Dragonscale Boots, Bracer of Scavenging, Mithril Plated Girdle (awesome pairing with the SCHW for a non IKS WAR), Heavy / Reinforced Dragonleg Breeches, and Cloak of Maelstrom
I will definitely look into these, thanks. (Barb War here)
Closed Thread